No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
43 results in 0.0050 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I agree, however I am out of 220 power. I can't go to a bigger unit. This is my last ditch effort. The machine says it needs 4.6cfm @ 60psi. I will be able to push 5.5cfm @ 90psi, which would be 7.Xcfm @ 60psi.

If this combined with 1/2" hose doesn't fix the problem, I will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I guess I'm still confused. Bottom line question I have is this: My motorgaurd, compressor, and the plasma cutter itself all have 1/4" NPT fittings. I can't change this. So, will upgrading the hose from 3/8" to 1/2" work?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That complaining user was me. I installed a motorgaurd drier but that had no effect. I'm now upgrading my compressor to a unit which is rated 5.5cfm @90 which is well above the 4.6cfm (can't remember the exact figure) @60psi. I'm now looking at upgrading from 3/8 hose to 1/2. However this is where...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've been busy/away due to the season, but just caught up on reading this. I did some small cuts for some xmas projects on 16 gauge and still got tons of dross even with the air dryer. I will try using a shorter air hose and see what this does for me....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• No offense taken. I hear what you are saying. I would just assume my inexperience with the tool would come into play more towards the spec'd limits of the machine. At 1/8" and full power, I would think even a child could make a decent cut without diagonal cut lines and heavy dross on the underside...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Air Dryer installed

Well, I visited my local welding supply and dropped $130 on a Motor Gaurd M-26. I figure it's overkill, but at this point I'll try anything. I installed it and to my disappointment my results are only marginally better. I'm still just totally disappointed at the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vtwin4life
    replied to Material for a small ramp
    Yeah, that's what I do currently to get my chopped Fatboy up on the lift. I would like to build something out of steel just for the exercise of it though, and it would look a little more professional sitting in my garage ;-)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vtwin4life
    started a topic Material for a small ramp

Material for a small ramp

I saw a small (approx. 1 foot long) ramp in a motorcycle rag. The purpose of the ramp, is to function like car ramps you use for working under the car. When a motorcycle is chopped or lowered, you can not longer get a lift jack under it, so this small ramp lifts the bike about 3 inches so that the...
    See more | Go to post

• I do not have an air drier installed yet. I can try adding one this weekend and see if it makes any difference. I find it hard to believe that it's going to make the magnitude of difference that would be needed to make this machine compete with my old way of cutting with an angle grinder and cutting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I tried both with the ground clamp on the piece, and on the table. The pictures are just one example, I have other examples of perfectly clean steal. I tried the same thing with those. Clamp on the piece, and clamp just on the table....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Pics of the cuts that aren't making it through 1/8" with dross everywhere....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well, the new machine came today... I fired it up... This time I have tons of dross, but only on one side of the cut. I have tried new tips, etc, all with the same result. Help me out here - is 1/16" of dross along the entire cut line normal??? I'm so ridiculously disappointed. I have checked...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vtwin4life
    replied to Millermatic 140
    I read somewhere that the SP135 was the "industry" model, and the 3200 was the "consumer/hobbyist" model, and that the internals were different.

I have had the SP135T for almost 2 years now and I really like it. I got it as a factory refurb for about $450 or so. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vtwin4life
    Well, maybe he was just having a bad day when I called. It sounds like you had a much different experience than I did which I am glad to hear. It would be really discouraging if they treated everyone like they treated me. All I can do is go on my own personal experience, and given this I will no...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• vtwin4life
    Hmm, I think I know who you are talking about ;-) I agree, IOC got the last penny it will ever see from me. I thought all the places near me only dealt with Industrial clients. I was wrong. From now on, I will be buying locally, even if it means spending an extra hundred bucks....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X