13 results in 0.0127 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Paulyfab
    replied to How to attack this manifold?
    Header

Are all the tubes bent and just require welding to the flang and collector? Before you weld the exhaust perminently tack all the tubes togeather and check for fit as fun4now said. The collector should be welded last, that way you can pull each tube off and finish weld each seam,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Screen names?
    Well..... my name is Paul and most of the old guys around here call me Pauly, and I fabricate at Ford Motor. Good post, there is some very intresting reading.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Power Requirements
    You will if you stand on it hard enough, it should pop a 30A breaker, if not you might have a problem with the breaker. The machine is rated for 96A @ 230 volts and I dont know if that includes the cooler. I have a 100A breaker powering mine. I'm sure the equipment is rated at max amp output with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Anodizing over my welds
    Syncro-start

In the Artical That HAWK posted the refrence was made to the "syncro-start", is this a new base feature or can it be added to an older model 250 Syncro?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Cutting advise
    Ya, know if you look at the castings of the Jet and the chepo import thay are exatly the same. A frend of mine did exatly what you did, made a custom stand that was much sturdyer, higher and had a catch tray for chips. I have been uneasy about purchacing things from harbor fraight, I have been dissapointed,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    Nice choice, I have the same modle and it works very well. It's nice to start a cut and walk away. It's a reasonable price to pay for a saw that cuts very well....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    Band saw

I would recommend going with the band saw. DAN is right; the clean up is easy and there is way less noise. We have a chop saw in our shop and I am counting the days until the motor burns out on it. If you're cutting bolts they work great but anything else there not that great....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Mill Plasma Cutters
    Spec 375

I have a spectrum 375 and has performed flawlessly. I run mine on 220V and have had no problems with it. I have herd about the cord problem but I dont know if it applies when running 220V, however I'm willing to give it a try. I have the wheel stand off kit and it makes cutting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Cleaning aluminum
    Steved

If you have a Industrial supply near you thay will have them. The Scotch-Bright is made by 3M. Norton also makes a Scotch-Bright type equivelent. Thay look like a round version of the Green pad that you clean dishes with. Thay work well but keep them away from sharp edges, it will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Plasma cutters
    I currently use a Spectrum 375 at work and at home. With a wheel kit on the torch and a straight edge it will do some very high quality cuts.

In a pinch I've cut 3/4 plate with it. Ya gotta go slow but it works.

I have'nt used outher brands but I'm very happy with my 375....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to Sound Of Tig Welding
    What kind of equipment are you using? And what are the settings?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    replied to 2% Ceriated Tungsten
    Thank you very much for the replies! I will give the said types of tungsten a try.

I'm new to this whole chat room thing so please bear with me. I'm trying to learn proper etiquette from outher threads.

Thanks again!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paulyfab
    started a topic 2% Ceriated Tungsten

2% Ceriated Tungsten

I have just discovered 2% Ceriated Tungsten, This stuff is incredible! For years I've struggled with the poor arc stability of Pure tungsten but the orange band has a very stable arc and the tip holds a better point for a trimmer bead.

My question is what are the shortcomings of the...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X