Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Engine Dyno
    Engine Dyno

Hello 190MPH

A test cell or a Dyno made to run an engine is better but it will cost near 1 million dollars. I cant afford a million dollars may be you can. Spinning a prop is not dangerous unless safety precautions are not followed. Being a pilot...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    started a topic Engine Dyno

Engine Dyno

[FONT="Co[FONT="Arial Black"]
    Hello All

Whenever some body builds or buys an engine for some thing they claim gobs of horse power but no real data. There is a real easy and cheap way to build your own engine dyno. Moving or storing the engine after build...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by leeschaumberg; 11-25-2008, 12:33 PM.

• Cutting Metal with a Backwards Blade

Hi All! I have cut much metal with a skill saw and the blade turned backwards. Not airplane parts though. Just metal roofing and siding. That small cutter in a router sounds like a good idea.
    Having worked for an outboard manufacturer...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Trike finished.........
    Trike Comment

Nice trike that you built. I wonder if that 350 chevy will have enough power for you. HaHa I am building a trike with a subaru engine and auto transmission. To see what I've got go to trikerlee.com and take a look.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thermocouple Cost

All of the tcs that I use are made by me so the cost is low. Keep in mind you can make any kind you need including one to measure brake disk temp. Yes rotating devices can be coupled. The lenght of the tc wire does not make a differance but I have never gone around the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cheap n easy n acurate temp indication

Many people do not know to get an acurate temp measurement of any thing with out using the fish tank thermometer. USE K type thermocouples. The yellow ones. I have made many hundreds of them myself so I've been there and done that. K type thermocouple use two wires that are joined together. Chrome and...
    See more | Go to post

• leeschaumberg
    replied to check out my new truck.
    Questions for Fun4Now

What kind of oil do you put in your TRUCK.

Never put an ILLEGAL support for your mailbox in. You may be sued. The support must be a four by four wood piece cut on each side to permit easy breakage. If you can prove the county broke this (A PICTURE)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Mill/Drill
    IH Mill/Drill

Burninbriar
    The manual mill is 2000 plus 200 for the base. The full CNC mill is 9000.
    The CNC kit is 4500. They also have a DRO and power feed.
    Lee
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Mill/Drill
    IH Mill/Drill

I am looking at the mill/drill from Industrial Hobbies (IH) to buy. I talked to Gene from IH. Thier website is www.industrialhobbies.com . Does anybody have one of these mills working in northern Wisconsin that I could look at. I promise not to touch or drool. IH has all...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Mill/Drill
    Benchtop Mill

ivans ---
    For all engine boring I've only used power feed. So when some body asks me why I need power feed I tell them. After boring use a hone for the pattern and the last .002 .

burningbriar---
    CNC Masters has just changed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Mill/Drill
    Mill Capabilities

A power down feed is the Z axis! So if the machine is truly a CNC machine it has the Z axis. Enlarging an engine bore is a normal manual operation. This is the number one manual operation. Hope I answered your question. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    replied to Mill/Drill
    Benchtop Mill

I will be buying a bench top mill that will CNC parts and act like a standard mill (XYZ axes). So far the only one that will work for me is the cnc express mill from MicroKinetics for $7000 . Go to www.microkinetics.com for more info. The mill should use use my notebook...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cost of Anything

The reason for low cost non amarican goods is MONEY. American manufactures and american people buy low priced products any where they come from. To elininate this everything here (wages , retirement , etc. ) needs to go up 4 times. This won't happen so be like every body...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 200 Amp Main Breaker

You payed for a 200 amp on the house and 100 amp in the garage. (Get it) The contracter put in 100 amp on the house because it was cheaper. Either YOU pay now or have the contracter put in what is called for. This means new and heaver wires from...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• leeschaumberg
    started a topic Ford Snowmobile

Ford Snowmobile

Because of the foot or two of snow I've got a picture of an older snowmobile that some may be interested in....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X