136 results in 0.0320 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• neophyte
    started a topic IMTS08 Show

IMTS08 Show

Any of you guys make it up to the IMTS08 show in Chicago this past week? I spent Friday and Saturday up there. Man what a show!

It sure would have been nice to see the Miller folks up there in 2010 Andy.

Neo
    See more | Go to post

• neophyte
    replied to Happy New Year
    Hope all of you guys and gals have a safe one out there! Cheers to Miller for another great year!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    replied to Hypothetical Question
    Thank you Arrow,
    Just stopped over there.... not real impressed with either seller. One guy lists the one he has as "unused", right ...maybe by him. The other chap I am just not real sure about the feedback rating. I also ran across one on Craigslist out of Central Michigan. $700.00...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    Howdy Neighbor!

Yes it is rated at 8000 watts..... how do you suppose the HF-251-2 hooked to the 225G would work for tig? I am starting to think that it would be easier on the wallet just to pick up a used HF box? ......... maximum AL thickness would be what ... 1/4"?? ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    Well, It's a hobby shop........ I have no interest in tig'n beer cans, (there is a 5 cent deposit on those doggies here) so aluminum would be somewhere in the 1/8" to 1/2" range... Mild steel seems to be the most prevalent material in the shop getting burnt, ground, turned, milled or generally...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    started a topic Hypothetical Question

Hypothetical Question

If you had a hobby shop and wanted to buy a tig setup, say a SYNCROWAVE 250 DX Tigrunner, which of the following machines would you part with in order to get it? The Miller 225G w/ S-32S Wire Feed, Miller Passport or the Lincoln 255
    See more | Go to post

• I like using Ram Welding Supply....... they have free shippping on orders over 50.00 and a 1-800 number to boot. For some reason I never seem to have a problem hitting that limit.

Maybe a thread on the worst welding supply web sites might get some of big wheels at the helm thinking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    started a topic New Shop - Making progress...

New Shop - Making progress...

Started setting up my new 16'x24' shop a couple of weeks ago. I have started installing 240' of 16" shelving but am far from being done with it. Will be nice to get all of the tooling out of the boxes on the floor and put away. Got the lathe and mill cleaned up and ready for service. I still have...
    See more | Go to post

• neophyte
    replied to did you know?
    Cold Metal Transfer ?
    Neo
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Jim,
    How long have you been using this welder in this configuration trouble free? What size wire do you have going to the outlet and how far is it from your outlet to the breaker? How old is the breaker? Have you made any changes to the outlet recently? (removed it from the box and reinstalled...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    replied to a question for the experts
    Drop me a PM from this board.
    I can put you in touch with a guy in Douglas Wyoming, (USA) that used to build one of the original three position safety's for the Mauser 98 actions and probably one of the most knowledgeable regarding the heat treatment of the Mauser 98 actions..... not to mention...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Now that's funny........
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    replied to Shop Electrical
    My motor is rated at 15 amps 208-230V. My run is about 60 feet of 12-3 coming off a 20 amp breaker.

My book states that I can run a 3hp-230-V motor at 17 amps up to 65 feet on #12 so long as I don't use 60C rated wire. Am I missing something here?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    I am just going to have the electrician come back out and run a fourth wire back to the house. He should have done it that way to begin with. Thank you guys for all the help..... you are what makes this board a great place to visit.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• neophyte
    In conduit... I will have another look at the link.
    Thank you....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X