Collapse
500 results in 0.3352 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Engloid
    replied to Kemppi Welders
    All you have to do is set your output switch to "panel" and bump your pedal or fingertip control, and it will act like an off/on switch. From there, just set the panel amperage to where you need it to get a quick tack.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied to Sour spec weld code
    I'm in TN also, and not that far from you...but things are a lot different in my area. I don't remember a time that I was told how quickly I had to put on a hot pass. I have typically done 6010 root, and fill with 7018. Actually, in my 20+ years of welding, I've never had to do a weld with all 6010....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've done this also, and it works fine.

Something else you can do...

A tig torch hose is often lighter and more flexible than stick lead. You can take a tig lead (single hose type), cut it on the ends, and use it for your "stinger" for stick welding.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You can walk the cup on copper nickel, just the same as other materials. Of course it can be done right, or wrong...leaving lack of fusion issues. I really don't think it's any worse to have problems than stainless is.

I really like welding it. It welds easy, and can handle a lot of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied to Tungsten sharpening
    They use a really wicked powdercoating on tank trucks, tanks, and stuff like that. The MSDS was like reading an encyclopedia....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• A big thanks out to John Locke with Tig Solutions

Miller sent out one of their guys to look over our shop's process. Our shop does anodized aluminum, which is somewhat rare and typically only done in th emarine industry. Therefore, it's somewhat of a mystery and people in that field weld it as it has been found to work well in the past. There's...
    See more | Go to post

• Engloid
    replied to Tube Notching
    The problem with thin ends can be a problem if the welder just barely ties the weld into them. However, the welder can weld the joint such that it just melts the thin area into the weld, and the toe (edge) of the weld is up into the thicker area of pipe.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied to GTAW welding - puddle fizzes
    You're wasting your time with the brake cleaner. It's not necessary to wipe down with anything after grinding to bare metal. You're only taking the risk of contaminating your weld with your cleaner.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't know that the difference in 70ksi and 71ksi is that big of a difference. The drawback is that you likely won't get as good penetration with fluxcore....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied to Beer fridge lock?
    I think we know that we're helpless against the govt already, aren't we?

If we weren't, we'd not be paying so much for gas, have so many taxes, etc. We have so little control over our government (which is so huge and powerful) that it's a huge problem.

As I said before...if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    People are killed because they can't get to their gun or load it fast enough also.

I don't think I'd need ALL of them loaded.

Odds are that if somebody broke in, I would be in the bed. If not, I'm sure I could run and have my gun in my hand and have a couuple...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    what if, what if.... yeah, yeah... It didn't. It worked, so it wasn't all that dumb.

"please wait, Mr Murderer... My gun is locked SAFELY away from my kids. I'd like to defend them, if you'll give me just 30 more seconds." Yeah, that's gonna work,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    replied to welding video
    It's kinda dark in the video. Is that Jesse James?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    Wouldn't you rather allow them some temptation now, when you can catch them... than wait until it's something much bigger down the road?

In other words, if your kid is into stuff, he will eventually nab a beer and you can address the problem then. If you lock up the beer, he may be...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engloid
    I agree. It's better that they learn to handle any peer pressure over a beer in the fridge, than when they're away from home and are faced with coke or crack....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X