Search Result

Collapse
58 results in 0.0107 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• hf for stick welding using a syncro 250

Hi Diesel, It's been a while but I think I've used HF on Al stick to make restarts easier in tight places.Give me a couple of days to get out in the shop and try it and take notes on set-up.By the way I have a 250 Syncro 98 vintage transformer machine....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thehat
    replied to Waterjet Cutting
    re waterjet cutting

Hi Rogue, Don't know about Rochester but there are 2 in the Syracuse area. One is just up the road from the NY State Fairgrounds and the other is in Fulton.If your interested let me know and I'll get the contact info for you. Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thehat
    replied to Open invitation for payback
    Open invitation for payback

Hi Gang,Thanks for the encouagement for what I want do try and do.My goals are not so much to teach someone how to weld,that's the easy part.I figure about 15% knowledge and 150% practice with what ever machine they have,but I will try and help with whatever...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thehat
    started a topic more

more

Sorry Gang but I am having problems getting my computer to upload some of these pics .After restructing the rear 6' of the bus to account for the last three crossmember that were removed I built a well with three steps and cut the center of the bumper and threshold at the door corners and hinged it...
    See more | Go to post

• thehat
    started a topic past projects

past projects

Hi Gang,after my post yesterday I thought I probably show alittle of what I do so bear with me.I love to volunteer with local civic groups .Aocal park does a great Holloween progam geared for the young kids for 2-3 weeks leading up to Holloween and they needed a new pumpkin to replace their old one.It's...
    See more | Go to post

• thehat
    replied to Open invitation for payback
    Thanks Guys,Another reason I don, offer more advise online is I want to see the pearsons face so that I know they understand what I am trying to convey.I would hate to be misunderstood and have something unfortunate happen so I choose what I post vey carefully.I have always had an open door policy...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thehat
    started a topic Open invitation for payback

Open invitation for payback

Hi everybody,I don,t post alot mainly because I type so slow(4-5 wpm)unless I have something positive and constructive to say.That being said due recent health issues and being retired I find myself feeling obligated to pass on the knowledge and experience and wisdom gained from 40 years in the trade...
    See more | Go to post

• thehat
    replied to Welding Machines
    At home: Hobart G250 Diesel
    Miller Shopmaster 300
    Miller Syncro 250

At work: RETIRED

Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• O/A Pressures

Dave, My point is every manufacturer has their own unique design and engineering and their owners and safety manuals sould be read completely and followed to SAFELY get the most out of what they designed that tool to do.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Pressure settings

The best advise I can give is get the Owners Manual that goes with your torch.It will have the proper tip size and pressure for what you are doing.While the settings that were given for a Victor are correct,so are the settings that Welderdude gave for a Smith which...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thehat
    replied to Upgraded TIG Water Hoses?
    If you're interested I have a very nice CK series 20 Superflex I will sell.I just upgraded to a CK swivel head super flex. PM me if interested. Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Erik, How's that Shopmaster working out for you? Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Erik, A few years ago a buddy(a lincoln diehard) and me where working on an aluminum project and brought his lincoln hf box and hooked it up to my shopmaster and was impressed with how it welded so I would say that it would do the job.I was looking for a deal on a hf when I found a killer deal on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• In my opinion the shopmaster is an excelent machine for Mig and stick but I'm not familier with the 252 so I can't compare. One big advantage in my book is the seperate feeder-you can take where you need without having to move the power source as in having to weld the cab protector on a 24' grain body...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi Erik, I bought my Shopmaster new in '92 and LUV it. It does a nice job with Mig and stick and I've done some scratch Tig with it,it's about the same as my Syncro 250 but without the hi-freq. good luck and enjoy . Bill
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X