Search Result

Collapse
5 results in 0.0088 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• bcarwell
    started a topic Oxy acet rig recommendations ?

Oxy acet rig recommendations ?

I took an oxy acetylene course and am now ready to buy a setup. There are alot of choices to get the basic regulators, torch handle, and cutting attachment. I'd like your suggestions. I will be doing fabs and mods for farm implements but on a hobby farm basis. I will be mostly cutting 3/8 plate and...
    See more | Go to post

• bcarwell
    replied to Stick welder recommendations ?
    Several recommendations I've been receiving elsewhere say just go with a Hobart Stickmate 235 AC/DC or Lincoln Tombstone and be done with it.

But the DC maximum amps I'm seeing is maybe around 160-175 amps.

Is this enough when welding with DC for 3/8 - 1/2 inch plate ?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bcarwell
    started a topic Stick welder recommendations ?

Stick welder recommendations ?

Could you please recommend some model numbers and reasonable prices for a used basic DC stick welder that will weld 3/8 - 1/2 steel in one pass (I presume 200 to 250 amps) ? And also any new model numbers that will fit once you read my application.

I have a small farm and will be fabbing...
    See more | Go to post

• bcarwell
    replied to General input wire advice
    [QUOTE=triggerman;5042]Here is a link to an on-line wire size calculator. Hope this helps.

Triggerman,
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    BTW, I did not see the link to the wire calculator you referenced above. Maybe it was my browser....

Bob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bcarwell
    started a topic General input wire advice

General input wire advice

I have a shed about 150 feet from a utility pole. The pole has a breaker panel servicing the house. I want to buy a Miller stick welder for use in the shed with a max DC weld of about 200 amps (for rare instances, mostly though I'd be at 150-180 amp settings).

A few general questions...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X