No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
500 results in 0.1970 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hopefully it lasts a long time and I'll be retired although job went better than ecpected. Wouldn't be to much to gouge it off and weld in a new one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tacked it on and a few passes around with 7018. Good to go.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    started a topic John Deere excavator upper track roller

John Deere excavator upper track roller

Bolts for upper roller all broke off. Kept using it and now the mounting block is worn into the first pair of bolts. Owner wants it welded on as it is now catching on the track. Hooked chain from outer side of track to boom lifted up for clearance, then hooked come a long to inner side to level it...
    See more | Go to post

• MMW
    replied to Need Advice - Selling my O/A Sets
    If concerned store tanks outside until needed. Storing tanks inside is perfectly safe as long as you use common sense. Probably tens of thousands of tanks, if not more, kept inside everyday. Just shut them off when not in use. Having it available one time when needed will make them priceless....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to Cracked tubing repair (TIG)
    Another option is to pulse it. Just use the pedal to increase until you dab then back off almost all the way but still keep the arc. Kind of like lots of tacks.

309 is good option also as well as back purging. Really all depends on how critical it is?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would use 6061 tubing. Not sure of size but you could check the harbor freight and other vendors to get an idea of tubing size and weight rating.

5.5 ft seems a little short for a pick up. May have issues with mower bottoming out as you transition from ramp to bed. That is one reason...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to She Don’t ask for much!
    I have no solution but just precautions. Could be an issue if you are using the space to paint and also have an open flame heater. Also since it's attached to your house the insurance company might not like it unless it's disclosed.

In my shop I run a forced air propane hanging shop unit....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to Miller 250G with Onan Engine
    There should be an end panel/battery tray that holds the battery in. It's held in with 4 bolts, 2 on each side. Once that is removed you can look in under the engine to see the next panel that needs removal to access the tank. This panel has the starter solenoid on it. No need to mess with engine bolts...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by MMW; 04-04-2022, 06:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to Ground mig clamps
    Curious if any of you take off the machine side connection and clean it up? Just a thought. One dirty coonection is all it takes.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to Miller 250G with Onan Engine
    Just to clarify, it won't start without pouring gas in carb but once you do that it starts and runs fine?
    If it starts and dies it may be a fuel pump issue. First disconnect fuel line at carb. Put line in bottle or something to catch gas, crank over and you should have fuel coming out of hose....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 3/16 rods are to big. Hoping it's just a typo and you are using 3/32 dia. I would try to find some 1/4" thick material to practice on because it will be more forgiving while learning. If you are doing butt welds with any gaps it will burn through quickly, joints must be tight, lap joints are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• In my experience the video shown is common with small spools. I run an adapter for small spools and they still run choppy but the wire coming out of the gun is unaffected. The wire is tightly wound so must be straightened more than a bigger spool to be fed. I don't worry about it as it does not seem...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Not sure why different sources vary so much on reccomendations? I run 15-20 cfh with c25 and bare wire. I only go higher if I am having issues to see if it helps but is almost always something else wrong. To much cfh can be bad also. I think 35cfh is wasting gas. Back it down to see if it still welds...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by MMW; 03-12-2022, 04:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Since your work seems limited to sheet metal I would look for a 150 to 185 amp machine. Miller maxstar 150 sth, Miller syncro wave 180, Lincoln square wave 175 or 185. Maxstar is only dc but the other two are ac/dc. The Lincoln would be my first choice as they are a workhorse in a smaller machin...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied to new at welding aluminum
    See if you can find someone local to come over and spend 30 minutes with you. It will be the best investment ever rather than learning bad habits on your own.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X