Collapse
500 results in 0.1677 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• burninbriar
    replied to angled sledge hammer head
    Sorry if my comment came off as sarcastic. It was not meant to be. In a case like this some humor really is needed....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied to Smoke Axe
    They make a seat reamer that works great. The guy where I buy my gasses reamed mine for me. Didn't cost anything' he is a friend of mine. I would assume that if your gas supplier has one it wouldn't cost much to get the seats dressed.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    I really appreciate the humor, but I would love to know if I have something unique or just a screwup. As for the metric adjustable crescent wrench, I have actually seen one for sale. Laughed my but off. Apparently the widest opening is a metric equivalent....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the reply's, I might grind the screws next time the points need adjusted. The manual boldly warns about not filing or sanding the points but that is good advice.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The reason I can think of for not using a blunt set screw would be if there is high degree of magnetism produced that would slide the points together without the divot hole to hold them. If the points came in direct contact, would that cause further damage. I don't know if any of that is true, but it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is pretty much what I did, The wires need to be loosened to rotate them. I just moved all three sideways to find fresh material. I just thought a blunt point screw would prevent putting more divots in it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    I did make certain the hole was absolutely clean. when you look at it, it is obviously at an angle. never saw anything like it before....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    started a topic High frequency points set screws

High frequency points set screws

I was setting the points on my sync 250 and they keep going back to the same place as soon as I tighten the set screw. I removed the set screw and found it to be the style with a needle point as opposed to a cup or flat point. Obviously the set screws are just falling into the divot from the previous...
    See more | Go to post

• burninbriar
    started a topic angled sledge hammer head

angled sledge hammer head

I left my sledge hammer at a friends house and needed it to work on a scraper so I decided to put a handle on an old head that has been laying around for at least 30 years. The new handle fit perfectly but the head is tilted 5 degrees. First I thought I needed to shave some wood from the handle but...
    See more | Go to post

• burninbriar
    replied to End notching square tube
    I replaced the pullys on my wood cutting table saw with three stage pullys so I can slow it down for metal cutting. the metal cutting blades are kind of expensive but it works great....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    started a topic 4 line hydraulic cylinder

4 line hydraulic cylinder

Hay, its been a while. I have a 2 stage telescoping hydrolic cylinder that I have never seen before. It has 2 inlets at the top and 2 inlets at the bottom of the cylinder. One of the top inlets, and one of the bottom inlets is plugged with a threaded pipe plug. The outside rod of the telescoping cylinder...
    See more | Go to post

• burninbriar
    replied to syncrowave 250 help 11
    The Miller tech told me to have the mechanic call them and they can walk him through a repair to the board rather than replacement. Still don't know the cost but he said it would save considerable amount of money.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    replied to syncrowave 250 help 11
    If anyone is interested, I found out that the problem is more than likely a switch on the circuit board. Not a home fix, needs to go in for repairs. I was able to finish the job however. I just hooked the leads up backwards. The repair tech assured me that it would in no way damage anything but I may...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• burninbriar
    started a topic syncrowave 250 help 11

syncrowave 250 help 11

I need to stick weld with the sync 250 and I get help 11 when I start in dc+. I can start in dc- or ac with no problem. I set my process switches for stick welding in dc-, turn off the machine, switch to dc + and restart. All process lights are unlit and I get the help 11. {output selector switch is...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by burninbriar; 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM.

• burninbriar
    replied to Fuel tank liner???
    Ive used a product I think was called KB , I believe they are out of Ohio. It worked really good as far as I can tell. I don't think I would use it to try to stop a known leak though, I think it is best used as a prevention tool.
    I will see if I can find the name of it tomorrow, I can't find...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X