Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennyboy
    replied
    Thanks for your answers, it will be a fan wheel, which will have 12 blades and rotating up to 2400 rpm.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Aerometalworker
    replied
    aluminum

what is the application going to be like?

4043 is a universal due to low melting temp, but it has low ductility and cant take a lot of cyclic loading.

You may want to use the 5xxx and 6xxx series together with 5356 filler.

The application will dictate the filler.
    -Aaron

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Originally posted by Dennyboy View Post
    I have a piece made of aluminum 3003-h14 and an extrusion made of aluminum 6063-T5 that is going to be welded perpendicular to it, which is the correct alloy to do it?

Also, if I change the piece made of 3003-h14 to a one made of aluminum 50582-h32 and again is to be welded with a 6063-t5 perpendicular to it, will have to change the alloy? or all the aluminums can be welded with the same alloy?

Thanks
    I would use the 3XXX and 4043 filler, here is a good link to check http://weldreality.com/aluminumalloys.htm

Leave a comment:

• Dennyboy
    started a topic what alloy to weld this two metals?

what alloy to weld this two metals?

I have a piece made of aluminum 3003-h14 and an extrusion made of aluminum 6063-T5 that is going to be welded perpendicular to it, which is the correct alloy to do it?

Also, if I change the piece made of 3003-h14 to a one made of aluminum 50582-h32 and again is to be welded with a 6063-t5 perpendicular to it, will have to change the alloy? or all the aluminums can be welded with the same alloy?

Thanks
Working...
X