Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    i think vally is an excellent option for the hobby guys to get the option to use some of the cooler tool's that we would otherwise not get to use at $9.00 a pop.
    i got my first flap disk at wally-world to try them out to see if i would like them. needless to say i loved them, but at $4.50 they were still getting expensive for playing. Vally was my next stop and they are excellent disks. maybe not a walter but definitely a quality flap disk. and at $2.60 each (shipping included) hard to pass up.
    you should be really happy with them.

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    I may go and order about 10 4 1/2 flap wheels from valley , I checked to see & it said the total was $26.something for 10 inculding shipping

Leave a comment:

• outlaw66
    replied
    try these

we use a lot of walter, and they are good....but if your willing to try somthing different try a Norton Blaze. We've sampled 4 1/2"blaze flap discs and 7" sand discs, and they are worth the money. in my opinion!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i use dewalt for my 14" chop saw exclusively. they don't seem to load up as much and cut fast as well as seem to last a a bit longer than the other ones available at TSC anyway. but i have not looked for dewalt flap disks, didn't know they had them.

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    I use DeWalt. No they aren't cheap, but they cut fast and last me for weeks. I can thrash the harbor freight ones in less than an hour.

Leave a comment:

• jjsjeff
    replied
    Originally posted by migman2000 View Post
    I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!
    I think I'll be putting in an order with these guys when I make a list. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• migman2000
    replied
    Lehigh Valley Flap Discs

I have had great success with the Valley Discs. I find they last much longer than the Harbor Freight or Bullet Discs. They do not last quite as long as the Walter, but, I prefer to pay $1.72 for the Lehigh discs versus the $9.00 for the Walter. The Walter lasts at the most 50% longer. Below is the link;

www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com

happy finishing!

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I just bought 10 5" from ebay seller Lehigh-Valley and he had them to me in 2 day's, i should have ordered more as they were a good price. Sure beats 7+ bucks at wallymart. I even tried the local flea mart twice with no sucess, seems like they aren't there yet...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Jason280
    replied
    Are the Valley flap discs basically the same as the Harbor Freight discs?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    i have used the vally guy befor they held up fine, they are a little less than a walter but fro $1.70 insted of $10 each they are a good deal.
    i posted a pic of the 2 side by side in the other post, as soon as i run out of walters i'll be back at vally again. for hobie the vally are great. the only reason i have the walters is they were a gift. i could not justify the $$ as a playing in the shop kinda guy. if i was making $$ with it the walters would have a better chance of getting in the tool order file.

Leave a comment:

• weld-right
    replied
    Deal on flap discs

Check out the ebay link below. The discs work well and they are $1.72 for 100 pcs of type 29 zirconia.

http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Valley-Abrasives

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Depends on your usage....I like the 29 style .....and get the zirconia as they last longer........I also get there metal cutting blade....for the price it works great....
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• hit_em
    replied
    thanks for the website I'm gonna order some, which ones did you order, Just courious becasue you said they hold up well.

Leave a comment:

• mudsplasher
    replied
    Sorry it took so long to respond, had to go out of town.....

There were 10 discs in the box I got. I use 60 grit mainly. The grinder was recondioned, but it was a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    I have a few of them I ordered the other day....seem to hold up good for the price.....
    http://www.bulletindustries.com/cata...x.php/cPath/82

Leave a comment:

Working...
X