Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ownership

Originally posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    Jonny I agree with you 110% I dont believe they should sell miller at just any store. I tihnk miller has one of the best welders around! I dont think they need to go to Canadian Tire or any places of that sort, the welders form there arnt the same quality as the real stuff some of the lincolin welders I seen at CT were going so cheap and my saying has always been and always will be "You get what you pay for." I have always thought that if you buy sometinhg with a good brand name from CT or Home Depot they will jsut give a bad name to that brand becuase there jsut a cheap look alike.
    Have you ever owned one? All the lincolns you buy at them places are between 400 and 600 bucks you get what you pay for. what do you expect. Miller has a cheaper line as well it's called hobart. So until you've actually owned one or have enough experience to pass judgment don't stroke the establishment.

Comment

buy miller

my fatherinlaw and i have a small welding shop on the side. and we buy nothen but miller. and dewalt he bought a bobcat 250 with a wc 30a spoolmatic 15a gun in califonia before he moved hear. the welder just didnt run right when got to ILL. took it to are dealer.and they fixed it no qustions asked. it was set for the climet in CA. you wont get that at HD. or lowes. or your wantabe welding stores.they need to keep there eyes on 2x4s and nails. and not the welding supplys.
      miller bobcat 250
      wc 115a
      spoolmatic 30a
      centery 250 mic
      2 lincoln 225 stick
      a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Comment

Service from Lincoln vs Miller

Triggerman, right you are! I talked to a few people that bought the cheap units from Home Depot, 100% p'd off! However, this weekend is Millers Tent Sale (Airgas/Gaspro) and Lincoln (Air Liquide) is at the end of the month. Past few years, Air Liquide has brought EXCELLENT teachers from the mainland to hold welding classes at their tent sale, usually about 1 1/2 hours. I asked someone (won't say who), the old question "which do you think is better, Miller or Lincoln?" His answer, "they're both great machine, all depends on who is going to service you better." Air Liquide lost their least in central downtown, and just have 1 store WAY far away! Don't plan to open up another store, M-F closes at 4pm and closed on the weekends!!!
        Gaspro has 3 stores, open 7 days a week. 'Nuff said!!!!!
        I don't blast Lincoln, 'cause their excellent machines and a LOT of great welders use them. I just prefer BLUE
        I'm not late...
        I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Comment

WICKED ONE, <snip>"Miller has a cheaper line as well it's called hobart"<snip>

paulrbrown, <snip>"bought a Hobart 135 Handler, made by Miller"<snip>

Neither statement is true guys, just for the record Miller and Hobart are seperately owned companies that are held by ITW. Miller markets to the indrustrial market and Hobart markets to the retail market. While they use some of the same parts on the smaller machines one is not made or owned by the other no matter what some salesman might have said.
          Last edited by Sundown; 03-16-2007, 08:41 AM.
          Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
          Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
          Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
          Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

I am very partial to Miller and we mostly have l Miller, But.... We have several [5] small lincolns [135's and 175] that were bought at Lowes and all have performed great with no issues. We use them in our road trucks and power them with our Miller Bobcats and Big blue air pacs. I do agree with Miller supporting the ditributor though. As Lowes will do nothing for you if you have a problem. Luckily we haven't had a problem with them.
            Scott
            HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

There are always a couple good welders out there when you buy them from Lowes or Home depot it all comes down to how well to take care of them too also some people get lucky some don't. Someone I know has the same car as my parents have and they have had to fix there car on more then one occasion, yet we haven't had any of the same issues they have. My parents once said never get anything that is built on a monday for Friday they seem to be the ones that always have trouble. I don't know how true that is but I guess it is a way of thinking.
              Thanks for reading I hope my post helped

Ryan

Comment

proof

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                WICKED ONE, <snip>"Miller has a cheaper line as well it's called hobart"<snip>

paulrbrown, <snip>"bought a Hobart 135 Handler, made by Miller"<snip>

Neither statement is true guys, just for the record Miller and Hobart are seperately owned companies that are held by ITW. Miller markets to the indrustrial market and Hobart markets to the retail market. While they use some of the same parts on the smaller machines one is not made or owned by the other no matter what some salesman might have said.
                They come out of the same factory. Show me some proof that I'm wrong. Jef

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED ONE View Post
                  They come out of the same factory. Show me some proof that I'm wrong. Jef
                  Acually the Miller migs are made in Appelton WI, and the Hobart migs are made in Troy, OH ... the smaller Miller migs used to be made in Troy but that hasn't been the case for some time now ... You want proof don't believe me, call Hobart or Miller and ask them. The last I heard the Troy Hobart plant was still making the small stick welders for Miller. You want further proof go to www.hobartwelders.com and log on to Weld Talk, search for posts by Hobart Expert Darrell (he's the guy that designed the HH187 and many others) and see what he has to say about it.
                  Regards, George

Hobart Handler 210 w/DP3035 - Great 240V small Mig
                  Hobart Handler 140 - Great 120V Mig
                  Hobart Handler EZ125 - IMO the best 120V Flux Core only machine

Miller Dynasty 200DX with cooler of my design, works for me
                  Miller Spectrum 375 - Nice Cutter

Comment

plants

Originally posted by Sundown View Post
                    Acually the Miller migs are made in Appelton WI, and the Hobart migs are made in Troy, OH ... the smaller Miller migs used to be made in Troy but that hasn't been the case for some time now ... You want proof don't believe me, call Hobart or Miller and ask them. The last I heard the Troy Hobart plant was still making the small stick welders for Miller. You want further proof go to www.hobartwelders.com and log on to Weld Talk, search for posts by Hobart Expert Darrell (he's the guy that designed the HH187 and many others) and see what he has to say about it.
                    I worked with a guy who had a hobart portable I think it was called a pipe master or something like that that said madeby miller for hobart it was exactly the same as a pipe pro with a hobart hood. Maybe we get different stuff in Canada I don't know. It could be like redi arcs are made by lincoln for redi arc. Jef

Comment

Working...
                    X