Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimYoung
    replied
    You only have one pair of eyes, either use a standard flip glass helmet, or get an autodarkening one with built in safety features. I use a Speedglass 9002X and it works great. I suspect other high end ones do as well.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Wicked one
    replied
    joker

Originally posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    I ahve used many different speed glass helmets but I can say id go witht he miller ones anyway I find them extreamly light weight I can honistly say I have no complaints in them. Im thinking of getting the joker one myself.
    Wait till you weld for a living and your helper runs over your 400 dollar helmet. Most of those helmets won't work when it's cold out . I have a Fiber metal pipeliner withan auto lens in it it'll work down to -20 c the millers won't. My helmet and lens together was under 2oo bucks. Save your money for a machine or quality tools instead of getting sucked into buying somthing because it looks cool. Learn how to weld without one first ( an auto helmet that is) Then when you get really good and can take care of s-hit drop the money otherwise spend your money on welding lessons. Jef

Leave a comment:

• j jordan
    replied
    in my personal opion

i own a millermatic, arc one, jackson next gen, and 2 speedglas hoods i would take the speedglas over any of them there light, durable, and compact second chioce would be the next gen

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Take a look at the bottom of the page....looks like the adflo will work for the flex view....
    http://www.hornell.com/hsi/hsihome.html
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• youngwelder_154
    replied
    I ahve used many different speed glass helmets but I can say id go witht he miller ones anyway I find them extreamly light weight I can honistly say I have no complaints in them. Im thinking of getting the joker one myself.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    arc
    they may well have to remove you from the site for such blasfumy. just kidding , i realy like my BWE also but like Pitalplace said you will likely get several opinions as every one tends to like diferent things in a helmit and as such no one helmit will keep every one happy. too many vereables, i have the older model BWE and they have added more features to it here recently.
    odds are good the air system will work with most all the big name hoods. dropping them a e-mail to there website suport would likely get you a verification as to its usability.
    welcome to the board.

Leave a comment:

• Pitalplace
    replied
    You ask about helmets and you will get about as many answers as there are brands. I love my Miller BWE.

Leave a comment:

• arc
    replied
    i love my speed glass helmet i find it works better than (dare i say) the miller ones but thats just my preference. its light weight, durable, and t works with my north filter mask.

Leave a comment:

• JonnyTIG
    replied
    I work with a couple of welders that use the hornell lids with the adflo pack. They like them a lot and say the helmet is very light weight. I how ever do not have experience with using hornell products, I use the North powered air respirator and it works with most lids and face shileds.

Leave a comment:

• wayne21
    replied
    I am partial to jackson helmets i think they seem to have more protection than most other brands of helmets, but the speedglass's seem to be realy light weight. I have a Jackson nexgen and i would reccomend considering one of those, I am realy happy with it.
    Last edited by wayne21; 02-04-2007, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pete2225
    Guest started a topic Welding Helmet ?

Welding Helmet ?

I'm Thinking On Buying A Hornell Speedglas (flex View).does Anybody Have An Opinion On This Helmet,(good Or Bad).and Does Anyone Know If You Can Add The Adflo System To Any Speedglas Helmet,or Does It Just Fit The One In The Kit. Thanks
Working...
X