Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulldog
    replied
    For a rig for the truck I use an Icom 706Mk2g. 432-160m. Great rig and used would be in your price range.
    Good luck,
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied
    Well I went back tonight to look at some of our instructor's ham equipment and found out I got my call sign so just signin on with everyone else here.

KE5TJA

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied
    Well, I took the test to get my Technician class license and I passed. Go back tonight, the guy that gave the class is going to show us how to set up and use the equipment. My question for you fellow hams is this: What kind of radio would you recommend getting? I had been looking at base stations, but I've been told I'd be happier with a mobile unit in my truck, seeing as how that is where I spend most of my time. Looking in the 400-600 dollar range probably.

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    Originally posted by Bodybagger View Post
    And yes, I notice a correlation between technologically oriented people... welding, machining, radio, aviation, etc. And by technologically oriented I mean people that have an oscilloscope at home, not people who demand the most expensive plasma TV and surround sound made. (I watch about 2 hours of TV per week)
    Thats because the higher levels of society actually work with tools and technology instead of watching them work from the couch.

Leave a comment:

• Bodybagger
    replied
    Ham for 8 years

Dadidadit dadadida.

Technician since 2000, became Extra class in one sitting last year. I was practicing code and was probably ready for the code test, then they dropped code. Took the general and extra test same day. Kept my old call since it was one next to my wife.

KC8XXX

And yes, I notice a correlation between technologically oriented people... welding, machining, radio, aviation, etc. And by technologically oriented I mean people that have an oscilloscope at home, not people who demand the most expensive plasma TV and surround sound made. (I watch about 2 hours of TV per week)

Leave a comment:

• KS2K
    replied
    KS2K
    Adirondack Mts, NY

Paul

Leave a comment:

• J. Strunck
    replied
    Qrz??

QRZ the station calling?

de A.R.S. KC5GNX ._ ._.

J. Strunck

Leave a comment:

• tsekub2
    replied
    Amateur Radio Operators

Hi ! I'M also one of those . I have been licensed since 1980 .I currently hold a General license, and thinking to upgrade to Advance. I have a 48' tower and a Yagi antena waiting for me to get installed for the last few years .since I'm not as active as I used to be . I really love old fashion CW. Even if I'm not as good as I Like to be .
    so, count me in Yours Trully .
    KA0KWO.

Leave a comment:

• weweld
    replied
    Hi
    I'm been a Ham for 10 years now, not as active as I want to be, just got tried of calling out and nobody responds. I must have a poor radio voice.
    Bob, KF6OFL

Leave a comment:

• lgjhn
    replied
    KA5NXT
    Advance Class, about 25 years now.

Leave a comment:

replied
    AA4CB here. Extra Class. I was the last Extra class group in South Carolina to be test by the FCC. ( Actually had to go to Charlotte N.C, to be tested ) Just after I got my Extra Class the Amateur Radio Operators took over testing from the FCC.

I also have a First Class FCC Commercial license and was tested by the Norfolk field office. I don't mess with radios much anymore. I had rather weld and play on the computer.

Leave a comment:

• flukecej
    replied
    KD5AWS here in the South Plains of Texas. Just a Tech NO Code. Guess I'll go for my General one of these days.

Charlie

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    ive been wanting to get mine for years just too many irons in the fire...

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    I've had a Ham license for about 20 years. I originally got the license so that I could fly radio control model airplanes on 6 meters. I have a Futaba 53.5 Mhz radio setup that works beautifully, although I haven't flown for a long time.

One thing that upset me was the fact that I got demoted by the FCC recently. I originally earned my Technician Plus rating with code and written examination. Now, with the recent changes, I've been
    demoted to a standard Technician, a class that can be earned without code. I wonder what I did?
    Oh well, it makes as much sense as anything else the "gummint" does these days.

Syncroman: KB6 XXX
    Last edited by Synchroman; 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    well this post enticed 3 more to join our ranks. to them i give a big how-do, good to have ya.
    at what point dose it go from having a CB in the shop to needing a license ???
    just wondering here.........but would it be possible to smoke the neighbors sat-dish with a radio ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X