New to welding, and need LOTs of advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

i think the STH would be a better option but you can always upgrade the power suply later and use the same controles on the sth as the stl. if you have the $$ get a sth if not the stl will get the job done. yes the 150 has plenty of power for 11gage
    i would say look on e-bay for a sth if you want to start out with the extra goodies but eather one will do what you need to do and will keep a good resail value. with only 40 amps to offer the econotig might fall a lil short and if an extention cord is needed it will be even worse. look for a maxstar you will be happyer with it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• bkloos
      • Jan 2007

Sounds like we are making progress....

So, now let ma ask a general question.

How hard is it to learn to tig weld. Assuming I am smart, capable of seeking out knowledge (either from others or the web), and willing to practice, is it reasonable to think that I can learn to weld with enough proficiency to get a project like this finished in my near lifetime?

Thanks,

Bryan

Comment

• fun4now
        • Aug 2006

i would say if you can get some one that knows how to TIG weld to give you about 20 minuits to show you what it looks like and are willing to put in the time its verry reasonable to expect you to be able to do this and many more projects. SS is the easyest to lern and your project is also a simple one, so go for it.
        ask the local WS to see if some one there can show you or check with local fab shops. maybee ofer up a few $$'s for a guick looksie. getting it to hold is prety easy on SS getting it to look prety is what takes time.
        thanks for the help
        ......or..........
        hope i helped
        sigpic
        feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
        summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
        JAMES

Comment

Working...
        X