X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimYoung
    replied
    Originally posted by odleo View Post
    Good job on the bird and flowers. I only wish I had a tenth of the talent you have for creating art.
    Thanks for the kind words, you just have to mess around and keep welding until you think it's done... I think the texturing on the "stems" is the neatest part.. just turn the amp control down to its lowest setting, and paint on the texture with the mig welder, once done, sandblast it to get it clean in the hard to get to places, then buff it to a shine with a wire wheel.
    Snake was done using "punchouts" from hand rail channel.
    Regards, Jim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• odleo
    replied
    Good job on the bird and flowers. I only wish I had a tenth of the talent you have for creating art.

Leave a comment:

• JimYoung
    replied
    Thanks Scott, here are a few flowers...
    Jim
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Scott E
    replied
    Hi Jim Saw some of your work on Hobart the other night. It is outstanding. Wish I had the imagination. Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    You need to get a few more posts under your belt before you're allowed to give us the bird

Leave a comment:

• JimYoung
    replied
    Thanks for your warm welcome, Jar heads are ok, they do get all the crabs off the beach before the Army comes in to do the nasty stuff...
    it's really hard to mess up an MRE, but those plastic bags are good for keeping sox dry..
    Any way, Nice to see this active forum..
    Jim
    www.jimyo.com

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    You beat me to the Marine joke.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    well ya realy cant expect a hole lot of talent from a jar head. a little creativity with an MRE is about all you can hope for.LOL

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied
    Originally posted by JimYoung View Post
    .. below is a sample of my work...

People with talent just annoy me soooo much - being as I ain't got any

Beautiful bird!!!

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    good to have ya, cool bird.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    Welcome aboard. Pretty bird.

Leave a comment:

• JimYoung
    started a topic Hello I am new here

Hello I am new here

I have had my little millermatic 90 for about 3 years (bought it used from my gate welder) Thought I would visit here and learn from the experts... I do steel art to fill my days since I am now retired.. below is a samlpe of my work... and my MIG machine... thanks for letting me visit..
    Jim
    Attached Files
Working...
X