Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelgothJ
    replied
    goin with fat fab on this one, we have milwaukee handheld bandsawys and they work gggrrreeeaaatttt

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    This thing is AWSOM....I love it......got it today and put it in my circular saw....picked up some 1 1/2x1 1/2 1/8 angle iron......ran thru it like it was a piece of paper....
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Originally posted by triggerman View Post
    Just ordered my MK Morse Metal devi.l blade for my Skil saw. They are on clearance @ Amazon.com for $38.58 with free shipping available!

http://www.amazon.com/MK-Morse-CSM72...0?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Will post back when I get it.

Happy New Year!!!!!
    Thanks for the link....I just ordered mine for $28 and some change.....I'll let ya know how she does once I get it and put it to work.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Check out the blades here....Bob http://www.mkmorse.com/
    Got there price list in the mail.....wow the 7 1/4 blade list for $81.88.....the band saw blades and such all seem about market price though.
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Don't know...

I use a standard wood cutting blade to saw insulated panels which are 4-6 inches of foam covered front and back with 26ga. tempered steel. The best thing I've found to cut it is my DeWalt cordless. It cuts a thinner kerf (smaller projectiles) and turns a little slower (lower velocity). It is still an exercise in pain if you're in the wrong spot when the chips are flying.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Good...waiting to get your opinion....BTW do they sell do you reckon they sell suits of armore??!! (I couldn't help myself)

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Morse Metal ***** Saw Blades

Just ordered my MK Morse Metal devi.l blade for my Skil saw. They are on clearance @ Amazon.com for $38.58 with free shipping available!

http://www.amazon.com/MK-Morse-CSM72...0?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Will post back when I get it.

Happy New Year!!!!!
    Last edited by triggerman; 01-01-2007, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    If I was cutting aluminum I'd use that wood saw in a heartbeat,,,,but I would use my brain as well. If you have a background using a saw of that style with wood then you'll have no problem but if you are a noobie that sets behind a desk all day and never took a day of shop in school then STOP!!!
    Get some training or yer gonna hurt yourself or worse yet somebody else!!
    Same goes for about any other power tool that will cut metal.
    Wear proper protection and THINK!!!

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Hey Frank......

Originally posted by Frank865 View Post
    No! A chop saw with a metal cutting blade is dangerous!!
    There's no way to hold the work being cut, & it'll spin the blade too fast.
    Do it if you want to, but I sure wouldn't do it!!
    You want to re-think that?

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    replied
    This is what a Chop Saw looks like:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39755

A Mitre Saw is for cutting wood and in the case of a picture frame shop, aluminum frames.

Here is a Miter Saw:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91852

If you use a miter Saw as a chop saw, it will loose it's quality adjustments and the compound angle will not be that accurate after some useage. The Chop Saw is meant to cut straight down. With the stage or vice being able to be moved on one plane.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• TomVeatch
    replied
    Originally posted by budbuc View Post
    ...sounds like a good chop saw with a
    metal blade is my best application!
    Just a request for clarification since I've seen and heard "chop saw" used both for metal cutoff saws and for miter saws used for wood crosscuts. Which definition are you using? If you are talking about a woodworking miter saw, I echo Frank865's caution. Not to mention I wouldn't want to risk several hundred dollars worth of compound sliding miter saw by cutting iron with it.
    Last edited by TomVeatch; 12-31-2006, 12:25 AM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    replied
    I have side tables for my chop saw, it helps holding the metal for the saw. I do the same thing for shear. But larger pieces, I use my Plasma Cutter, it's fast, it you have the stand off on it, it will cut like a dream. Faster than O/A.

Each technology has it's place, you just have to know how to use them. I learned the hard way a couple of times, but I survived.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Frank865
    replied
    Originally posted by budbuc View Post
    Thanks Welders.........I have used a circular saw with abrasive blades with
    destorted results and very unsafe...you need to wear armour to use one and be
    safe. I really appreciate you men's input...sounds like a good chop saw with a
    No! A chop saw with a metal cutting blade is dangerous!!
    There's no way to hold the work being cut, & it'll spin the blade too fast.
    Do it if you want to, but I sure wouldn't do it!!

Leave a comment:

• budbuc
    replied
    Thanks too all of you for the good advice!!

Thanks Welders.........I have used a circular saw with abrasive blades with
    destorted results and very unsafe...you need to wear armour to use one and be
    safe. I really appreciate you men's input...sounds like a good chop saw with a

Leave a comment:

• JonnyTIG
    replied
    There are many carbide tipped blades out there for cutting steels and non-ferrous metals. I've used a 7 1/2" circular saw with the proper blade, 40 to 58 tooth with a negetive tooth offset for free hand cutting aluminum, and other carbide blades designed for steel in cut off saws. They last a lot longer than abrasive blades with the right lubrcant. However, using zip cuts with a grinder makes quick and easy cuts on thin sheet metal or smaller structural sections.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X