Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youngwelder_154
    replied
    Jef, thanks for that. I want a pair but right now I'm a little short on money I got myself a new BWE inferno yesterday and that took alot of my money away you can say it might have burned a hole in my pocket ha ha (lame I know)

Leave a comment:

• gunruner
    replied
    Another

Red Wing for me,

A guy I work with always buys his Red Wings 2 pair at a time and alternates them daily. He claims they last longer if you let them dry out for 30+ hours. Increasing on that "TCO Total Cost of Ownership " and keeping his feet healthier.

Example: 1 pair boot last 5 years, then 2 pair last 10 years, If you alternate them daily and let them dry out 2 pair will last 13 years.

Does anyone else do this?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Wicked one
    replied
    red wings

Originally posted by youngwelder_154 View Post
    Just looking at different kinds of the Red Wing boots makes me scream I WANT THEM, I WANT THEM!!!!!! :P What are som stores they sell them at?
    in alberta at the red wing store they are $325 with a union discount. Which may seem like a lot of money but I wear them almost everyday and they're 5 years old I have a brand new pair I bought because the other ones leaked. Red wing fixed my other ones for free now I have 2 pairs of new boots. They are the only ones that don'thurt my back when i'm standing on concrete. Jef

Leave a comment:

• Doug
    Guest replied
    Doug

Im new to these forums but in case any one wants to know where they can find some Redwing work boots, Workingperson.com has some

Leave a comment:

• P.the Heat
    replied
    boots

I wear Red wings,I have been using red wing boots for over
    20+ years.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied
    Just purchased a pair of Redwings a couple of weeks ago for $135. Spendy, but I am good for the next three years.
    I have worn RW for the last 45 years and there have been times that I have purchased other makes of boots but have always come back to RW's

This pair has a tag that says made in USA with inported materials. I don't believe that there is a tannery in the US any more.

Charlie

Leave a comment:

• tsalagi
    replied
    i gotta put in for justins. i work 55+ hrs a week on concrete and they do pretty good. i had some gortex wolvereens that weren't bad. doc martins are popular at my shop.

Leave a comment:

• JonnyTIG
    replied
    I've just changed to Red Wings this past year (slip-ons). They broke in fast, and are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. Also, they fit my orthotics well. I use the conditioner on them once a week, and they seem to be holding up better than other brands I've had over the years. Probably fifty percent of the guys I work with wear Red Wings, in a shop of over 130. I do find them a little cool to wear outside in -28c weather, if I'm not moving around much. The soles smell pretty bad when they melt on hot iron compared to other brands.

Leave a comment:

• MattT
    replied
    There's quite a few independent boot/hunting stores around here (W PA) that carry Redwing. Don't recall ever seeing a Redwing only store.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.
    Mine fall in that disciption, but mine are know discontinued now. Check a Red Wing store to see if they have something you like.

Leave a comment:

• harcosparky
    replied
    Originally posted by bbfarm View Post
    I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply
    I spent over 20 years wearing them dang combat boots. Ran, walked, eat, slept, jumped, fought wearing them dang things!

I kept one pair, the pairt that gots a couplea holes in them!

A 20% Off Coupon got me a pair of Red Wing Motorcycle boots and I've been hooked on them since.

Yeah a RED WING store is the only place to get them. ( maybe they sell them online but knowing how they do business I doubt it - they like doing business on a personal basis )

Leave a comment:

• millerman58
    replied
    I prefer Red Wings, but I have a pair of military issue combat boots that some family in the National Guard gave me. They are super comfortable and very durable, but they do not have a steel toe, so i have to wear my Red Wings to the jobsite. I wear the combat boots everywhere else though.

Bryce
    BB Farm Supply

Leave a comment:

• jfsmith
    replied
    I wear Red Wing, I used to wear the jack boots when I climbed telephone poles and now I wear steel toed hi tops.

Jerry

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Gosh Dang it- got to throw the wrench here. The best boot I ever had was a carolina, cant remember the boot number, but they are discontinued now, my buddy got me the last two pairs from the factory in my size. I have problems with steel toes on most boots. Even in a wide the toe tends to be to narrow, I ran a shovel dead center down my big toe when I was kid, then managed to break it twice in my adult life, got the nastiest toe on the beach. I was forced to find a new brand and went to doc martins, they are o.k. but not my carolinas ! I always have to have those steel toes that are big and square like clown shoes. Any suggestions ? I also always try to get black, you know, fashion statement.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout
    replied
    The only places I've them at was Red Wing stores.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X