• Show
Clear All

• beamwalker
    replied
    danners work 4 me

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    I have been wearing Redwings for 20 years and have never had any complaints until recently. I order your standered steel toe high top boot, and it took over a month to get them. When I got them the padding around the akle was none exisitant. After about a month the leather streatched out so much that I can tighten up the lasses to the point where the two sides of the boot are up against each other and the boot is still loose. Years ago I strayed once from redwing and tried another band and went back to redwing never to look at another brand again. But after this last pair I really think it is time to check other brands.

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    Redwings here, must have had about 25 pairs over the years. although they are changing the styles now. Walk on concrete all day in them

Leave a comment:

• SNAFU
    replied
    These are some weird lookin shoes, but they are the thing if you have to stand/walk on concrete all day.

Leave a comment:

• richcharles
    replied
    These are my boots here. both Dakotas from mark's.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    this are like my cousin`s boots
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• odleo
    replied
    Work Boots

I wear Bellville boots at workk pricey but comfortable. At home I wear Worx and Red Wing

Leave a comment:

• Shoeman
    replied
    Oh man, I have worn redwings but have lately found that the Rocky Brand are even more comfortable. Either way you can't go wrong!!

Leave a comment:

• tony@weldschool.com
    replied
    Whites only

White Boot company of Spokane makes the best fit and durability period. I have two different size feet and they custom a fit that is better than any tennis shoe or slipper. Get the Smokejumper with the leather arch, available in rough out for ironworkers, also. Danners feel good but the upside down seam burns out where the White just run off the sparks. Expensive but rebuildable. I've only gone through two pair in 18 years. . .

Leave a comment:

• Tex
    replied
    No Red Wings Iron Age

I guess I'll be the exception. I had 2 pairs of Red Wing shoes and they were highly overrated. I went back to the steel toe Dr Martins and then this last October I tried a brand called Iron Age (model 257) and I LOVE THEM. Plus they got the metatarsal guards which also keeps my bootlaces from burning up from falling slag, and they look cool but they especially are comfortable. Like the all day on your feet comfortable. The only thing I got from Red Wing was ingrown toenails and less money in my wallet.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Darmik View Post
    ....O Ya hey steve did you ever get to welding that steel cable yet?
    No, not yet. It's been crazy with the warm weather starting back. Been trying to get foundation pads built for six new projects this spring. Also been shuttling all the junk out from around the shop because we are about to pour a whole lot of concrete. Got a call from our pre-mix supplier and starting April 1, mud is going up about $5-6/yd. Still need to finish all the drive back to the shop and the landing pad out in front. Ah, inflation..... SSS
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 03-11-2007, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by gunruner View Post
    ...Example: 1 pair boot last 5 years, then 2 pair last 10 years, If you alternate them daily and let them dry out 2 pair will last 13 years. Does anyone else do this?..
    I don't do this with my work boots, though I've thought about it. I do know it to be true, as I learned this in the Navy. I always had two pair of daily polished oxfords that I rotated in the same manner.

I wear Red Wings, too. I've had CATs, also, and they were pretty decent, but these Red Wings are awesome. I often wear them on the weekends after a good polish job.

Leave a comment:

• JonnyTIG
    replied
    Gunruner, I believe the changing of footware every day is to stop the bacterial growth that happens from heat and moisture. I've been told to swap my boots every day, for that matter any footware, so the bacteria doesn't grow and multiply.
    I am on my first pair of Red Wings, slip-ons, and so far they have stood up better than others I've worn over the years.

Leave a comment:

• Corey74
    replied
    http://www.redwingshoe.com/productde...px?prodid=1196

These boots, last pair were 4 years old before I had to retire them from sole separation. Then of course I find out I can spend $55 and get new sole put on them....

Leave a comment:

• Darmik
    replied
    Boots

I like these boots because when I drop some steel it always seems to land just behind the steel toe so I wear these boots because they have extra protection that covers the whole foot and protects the laceses from getting burnt off.They are pretty comfy cost $140.00 after all the smoke clears at marks.Where I work they pay up to $130.00 per year for safety wear something is better than nothing I think.
    O Ya hey steve did you ever get to welding that steel cable yet?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X