No announcement yet.

-welding-tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On some of those ready made jobs cant even use a common C clamp, no edge overhang, the number 1 most used feature on a fab table of this type. That stuff looks good for sales and marketing but if someone gave it to me would be looking to sell it or trade for a simple plate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
      On some of those ready made jobs cant even use a common C clamp, no edge overhang, the number 1 most used feature on a fab table of this type. That stuff looks good for sales and marketing but if someone gave it to me would be looking to sell it or trade for a simple plate.
      Agreed...........The one I'm building has 12" of overhang on the long side / ends and 6" on the short side.....the field has it's own ability to clamp inside on a 6" grid.....The long ends will also have the ability to plug in other fixtures as needed like a vise and Pexto tools etc.

Comment

Yours is a work of art. You have lots extra but got some good features harder to spot due to some outstanding stuff. I was ai.ing a bit at the op to get a grip where he was at and make his investment practical at this point to get the utility and see where this goes before he sinks a lot in. My second bench would be lots different than first for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
          Yours is a work of art. You have lots extra but got some good features harder to spot due to some outstanding stuff. I was ai.ing a bit at the op to get a grip where he was at and make his investment practical at this point to get the utility and see where this goes before he sinks a lot in. My second bench would be lots different than first for sure.
          Thanks for the complement....Tho , I've had plenty of time over a few decades to think about what works and doesn't.....size? ( a component of shop size) if ya have the space big is better in a work bench....excluding it shouldn't be used for clutter either...Mobility? Yes , needs to be mobile , Flexibility? Yes.....and adaptability needs to serve in many functions. Storage? Yes and as you get older who wants to get on there hands & knees to grab something from below ? Height? Depends on the individual.....but adjustability is important....to get closer to the work. Strength? Absolutely even though the chassis is fairly light compared to the 1/2 ton plate.......and last this bench for the most part can be disassembled to either store or move.... held together by 1/4" bolts in shear. Click image for larger version

Name:	benchchassis3.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	766.7 KB
ID:	618368

Comment

I am a bolt to the floor guy if i can.

Comment

for cumbersome jobs, I use the classic easels, as our grandparents blacksmiths did, if some friends maybe make some table some particular bench with clamps clamps to block like template, I invite you to post the photos and share the project, maybe it could be useful for some friends welder user of the forum thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X