Clear All

• help advice realization sizing jib crane hoist for pickup truck

help advice realization sizing jib crane hoist for pickup truck:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iveco daily.png
Views:	123
Size:	764.9 KB
ID:	615345

hello I should make a jib crane hoist to be applied to the body of a small dumper truck that would have a capacity of 15 quintals, 1.5 tons, 2, 040 meters wide, 3,140 meters long. how I dimension it, I make it and I put it in place. I should anchor it to the body structure at the bulkhead behind the cockpit, what maximum load it could support. I should also insert the device for the hoist winch hoist, to hoist the loads on board the body. some idea ? thank you

https://www.tenaquip.com/images/xlarge/l/lu497.jpg

Yep. The hardest part of a job, engineering it is. And the engineer needs to know a lot more about what it's going to do, and where it's going to be mounted, which is probably someplace that will not take it. That's probably why he'll not do it for free.

Comment

sorry if I took advantage, but you don't need the device to lift big loads just a help, to lift 100, 200 kg like a 200-liter oil barrel or a modest load, if I needed a real crane we will mount a professional hydraulics a jib crane swivel arm to attach a manual hoist a crank winch with some pulleys, excuse me if I took advantage of your patience and availability, thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	camioncino con gru a bandiera fai da te..png
Views:	99
Size:	815.3 KB
ID:	615361

Comment

I dont think I have a pic,,, but I did something like that and my headache rack had a 2 1/2 inch bollard or so and I put a 2 inch pipe and didnt need much of an angle brace, did it to itself and simply hand rotated and used cumalong for hoist.

Comment

cumalong ???
          https://stoaway.net/models.html

307 / 5000Risultati della traduzione

l I saw it the jib crane flag arm was 80mm x 80mm boxed, very simple with a nano-crank winch similar to the ones you use to tow boats aground to shore. I have to conceive the structure of the upright, the crossbar and the diagonal, the pivot of the rotating fifth wheel. I have to think.

https://www.manomano.it/gru-da-officina-2609?model_id=10438312&referer_id=689880&gclid=EAI aIQobChMIhIOuwbaM8QIVz-d3Ch07PA4LEAQYASABEgIs9PD_BwE

Comment

I made 2 with comalongs on them
            Bob Wright

Comment

Them is cute little trucks aint they?

Comment

Take the one in the last pic and retrofit it in to the front bed post like in the first pic or more like the second picture in this thread and it would not be too bad. I have done is simpler, Not sure if I can get a pic without lots of work and really need to get a sketch program but strong enough somewhat similar to first and last it simply drops in the post hole. It eliminates some parts and for limited load strong enough provided the pipe is heavy on the vertical.
                I made mine and used it about once and even quit carrying it after a while.
                Part of this post was cost efficient and I understand that so this is not all applicapable but lots of guys rather slow to the tabkle with correct trucks and rigging for their biz. I should have bought bigger 10 years earlier. The one I use is med duty, light crane but as handy as a pocket and nimble and simple a girl can drive it.
                I dont even have a 1T truck anymore. Click image for larger version  Name:	Mack bound tire.JPG Views:	1 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	615368
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Sberry; 06-10-2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I recently saw this truck, it practically has a tubular column of about 100 mm in diameter the top is anchored to the crossbar and to the bulkhead upright that protects and separates the body from the cab, at the bottom a large and wide plate bolts the same column the gib crane is made of 80 mm tubular box on the platform floor, with hinges and hinges that rotate the arm about 180 degrees on its axis.

thanks again for the valuable advice

Comment

Working...
                  X