Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pietromarruggio
    replied
    the truck of the scrap dealer weighs an accident the body is very heavy and sturdy, then there would be the loading crane with the grapple with grapple, more than 10 tons empty .. the third rear axle of the truck is not driving it is not a 6x6 0 a 6x4 wheel drive is a 2 x 6 wheel drive 4 axles are crazy, on the tessa it sinks and remains blocked it gets stuck, the only one would be an earth moving machine or a telescopic telehandler, but the game is not worth the candle, it costs me the transportation and rental of lifting machinery greater than the nominal value of the machinery, it would take the Egyptians with their ingenuity and their rudimentary devices. would you have some ingenious alternative solution? ''

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...athe-lathe.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	springfield15.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	615379

Name:	84031d1376856983-help-me-lift-lathe-lathe.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	615380

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    Looks like a job for a wrecker truck, tumble them over on old car hood and winch up. Other option is a bulldozer. All depends on the worth.

Leave a comment:

• pietromarruggio
    replied
    ,,the market value is the weight of the old iron about 200.00 € uro, you understand I can not spend 400.00 € uro on a mechanical shovel, the pieces are at least 3000 kg heavy, the parts to be disassembled are those flush with the wall, if it was in front of me I would have disassembled the transmission that I need and left the carcass of the cars to rust. I had cleaned everything up and dug around, but as it rains the vegetation comes up worse than before. the trucks are too heavy, between the weight of the vehicle, the body and the crane loader, it is around 10 tons. after it rains it becomes a swamp. maybe I'll wait for spring. thanks anyway.

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	614693

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Take them apart and carry that stuff out. You’ll end up tearing that equipment down to rebuild it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Originally posted by pietromarruggio View Post
    I put the photos so I will explain better, I need a structure to lift and tow, just the appropriate distance at the edge of the road to make it recover from the truck equipped with a crane, the same tried to enter the path, but it is sunken, bogged down, it had rained heavily, the presumptuous driver wanted to try, he entered ten meters and got stuck, they pulled him back with a large off-road vehicle. I send the photos. thanks.
    No photos needed on my part......Your choices are disassembly at the point of the equipment to hand manageable sizes and weight? .......or, wait for the weather to pass and ground to dry out so you can pioneer a trail or road in there?

Any lifting device that is going to lift and drag needs some elevation but over that distance makes it near impossible....even if you were able to get it skidded on site ( which might be next to impossible?) dragging it out 200 ft +/- is still a huge challenge if the Iron is top heavy & the ground unstable?

Take a look at a modern wrecking truck and it's ability to lift and drag things are more than likely easily within it's capacity if it can be set-up on solid ground.........but not cheap $. Don't know what your budget is or end use for that Iron is....but ya might want to reevaluate those needs again as who ever left it in there probably already crossed that path...

Leave a comment:

• pietromarruggio
    replied
    large size parallel lathe:
    length L: 450cm
    height H from the ground, 120 cm
    depth width P = 80 cm
    second lathe for grinding truck brake drums
    length L = 170 cm
    height H 100cm
    depth Width 90 cm.
    unfortunately it rained profusely and the weeds have grown back, we have to mow them down again, we need biblical patience, maybe in the next few days I will transfer the farm again and insert other explanatory photos. , I found some 100 mm steel pipes, I could recycle them, to make a rudimentary lifting device, I have chains and a 2 ton manual chain hoist with a useful length of 3 meters. I also have steel cables to harness the machines. what do you recommend? ''

Name:	DSCN5267.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	614671 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5268.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	889.8 KB
ID:	614672
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pietromarruggio
    replied
    I put the photos so I will explain better, I need a structure to lift and tow, just the appropriate distance at the edge of the road to make it recover from the truck equipped with a crane, the same tried to enter the path, but it is sunken, bogged down, it had rained heavily, the presumptuous driver wanted to try, he entered ten meters and got stuck, they pulled him back with a large off-road vehicle. I send the photos. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Well good luck on that, but my understanding of that type of lift does Ok to lift things mechanically vertically or near, but not sure it would do the same to drag anything? Our loggers here in some cases still set up Gin pole type cabled lifts over long distances to not only lift but drag logs out of canyons and steep terrain...but there winches and cables and pullies generate tons of mechanical force. Were you planning on putting these Items on a skid of sorts and perhaps using logs to roll the skids out? I think the Gin Pole can be arranged to pull things horizontally but that dead weight in the flat horizontal mode on soft or unstable ground will take allot of stationary weight from the pulling unit along with multiples of generated force to get anything to move over unstable ground even with the use of skids and logs...... Is there trees or rocks or soil along that path that would allow for tethering a self contained winch to?

Leave a comment:

• pietromarruggio
    replied
    2 tons abundant, lift it from the ground a sufficient height to move it up to 60 meters, these are 2 parallel lathes that I have to move to disassemble them and recover some pieces. it is an abandoned countryside that I have cleaned up by restoring an old dirt path, it is difficult to get an adequate mechanical vehicle, excavator or thelehandler, mechanical shovel, a forklift does not pass us it is all beaten earth and hit risks getting bogged down and sunk, you have to strive like the ancient Egyptians.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Move abandoned machinery of what weight over what distance? And how rugged is this countryside?

Leave a comment:

• pietromarruggio
    started a topic gin pole diy homemade

gin pole diy homemade

hi, I should make a gin pole to be used in the countryside to move abandoned machinery, capacity 2 tons maximum height 2 meters. some suggestions, drawings, project photos, on how to size the lifting device, what material do you recommend to use for the realization? thank you.
Working...
X