• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	car ramp2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	614209
    Was watching an old rerun of Mythbusters.
    Saw this episode where they used several 40 ft containers
    to make a ramp for the JATO car.

I believe Scotty Chapman cut the containers to make the ramp using an oxy-fuel set-up.
    Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

If you could het a couple of JATO rockets strapped to it you could maybe get it dislodged and moved closer to a trailer.

Comment

Right now nothing is going to happen with this. After speaking to the person in charge it was agreed that just leaving it for now is the best option. She will continue to look for funding and see what happens. If something changes she will reach out.
        MM250
        Trailblazer 250g
        22a feeder
        Lincoln ac/dc 225
        Victor O/A
        MM200 black face
        Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
        Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
        Arco roto-phase model M
        Vectrax 7x12 band saw
        Miller spectrum 875
        30a spoolgun w/wc-24
        Syncrowave 250
        RCCS-14

Comment

Cut it up in pieces with a torch and sink it all in the mud.

Comment

What might you do, try to winch it out of the mud? CA guy could smooth the way a little, plank across the creek and maybe even make some kind of cart and a couple sprouts or men could tote it out in a week. I would flame cut it and well worth using S or better bottles. I might work on the condition we improve enuf to be practical and get a garden type tractor in with a small trailer and sell this as a very ecological solution. I would say a guy could torch it to handle in a week without killing himself. Cost around 5K,,, thats not the charge but foreskin and a couple men. and some consumables.

Comment

Paint and rust hard to scrap with a torch. I took few minutes and plasma scrap instead of hauling it while out to the pile that eventually has to be moved anyway. Lately not worth the juice to cut it into shorts but it gets out of the way. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210407_132212.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	5.28 MB
ID:	614438

Comment

I agree it wouldnt hurt a thing. I would do it for 10 large too. Might bring a cable and couple cumalongs and make sure the miud could drain, cut it if I had to and roll it over with an anchor to the big tree. The terrain looks similar to a lot of places here. Sometimes the easiest way is some work. Some of those outfits have volunteers get real satisfaction from working llike sled dogs, get them to make an event of muleing it out with a pot luck dinner in the middle. How far from the site to the creek bed?
                Last edited by Sberry; 04-07-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

They’d have to pay me enough to retire on before I’d cut that up and carry the pieces out! Is that REALLY the only work available where you live?
                  =======================
                  Miller 211 AutoSet
                  Miller Dynasty 200 DX
                  Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
                  Francisco Goya

Comment

stiggermigtigger wrote "Is that REALLY the only work available where you live?"

No, plenty of all kinds of work but I do anything and everything. I will at least look at all jobs, I can always say no. Sometimes it's just for the challenge, not always about money.
                    MM250
                    Trailblazer 250g
                    22a feeder
                    Lincoln ac/dc 225
                    Victor O/A
                    MM200 black face
                    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
                    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
                    Arco roto-phase model M
                    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
                    Miller spectrum 875
                    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
                    Syncrowave 250
                    RCCS-14

Comment

I do a lot of odd stuff too. Things others cant or wont do.

Comment

Working...
                      X