stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stairs

Main structure is complete and temporary treads are in place. Floor space was limited creating the need for all the transitions. Fun project for CAD
    Attached Files

That was kinda neat to look at the drawing for a bit and then the next pic showed it all framed in place.

But you have to tell us about that big toothed wheel in the background. Looks like a big saw blade, but can't be (right?), and I don't think there's enough room under it to be a full circle, either.

Comment

Looks very nice and functional. Store, apartment or workspace? Yes big wheel in background, details?
      MM250
      Trailblazer 250g
      22a feeder
      Lincoln ac/dc 225
      Victor O/A
      MM200 black face
      Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
      Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
      Arco roto-phase model M
      Vectrax 7x12 band saw
      Miller spectrum 875
      30a spoolgun w/wc-24
      Syncrowave 250
      RCCS-14

Comment

I can see several ways to have gotten rid of that disaster of a design. Whomever designed it should be shot when the first person trips on it. Stair are the number one place for accidents in the home. The actual construction of it looks nice. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for a handrail, as it is going to be nearly impossible to get a code handrail on it.

the saw tooth thing looks like a manual tube bender.
        Last edited by walker; 01-15-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Good call on the bender. It did look like ratchet teeth, and a bender on the jobsite makes sense!

Comment

a shop with office space upstairs. Wooden treads are not in the picture obviously. The saw shaped unit is a manual tube bender. Railing will be tricky but the design is still not settled on.
            I'm an employee and the boss has tge final say on what happens next.
            Certainly the railing won't be to code, but it's in a private building owned by the company I work for.
            I might follow up with an update.
            So much of what I do is not able to be shared publicy so having a project that can be is rare.

Comment

Do you have to step over the duct work to get into the office?

Comment

Duct appears to be on the other side of a bridge.

Comment

walkway runs parallel to ventilation duct and level to second floor

Comment

Still missing a couple treads on the walkway
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X