X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawn roller landscaping homemade

hi, for personal needs I should make a
    lawn roller for agricultural use.
    I would like to build it by recycling used materials such as gas tanks or similar cylinders to be recovered from scrap car wreckers. some realization suggestions, thanks

Old propane tank...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

Piece of metal pipe, cap the ends, bolt on some hubs, add a handle or hitch.

Comment

What are you pulling it with?
        Bob Wright

Comment

I have to tow it manually, therefore it must not be too heavy, like a tennis court roller.
          for the rotation axis and how to center the axis with the roller drum? the rudder is used both for pulling to push and as a rotation support for the drum itself. I have to rotate it more or less straight in axis I have to make the holes converge with the rotation axis, as a rule I should use an appropriate lathe to perform the various housings. but I don't have this machine tool available, as a remedy and obvious to this inconvenience in an empirical way?

Comment

Have you looked at any commercially available ones? Might be cheaper than making one and at least it’ll give you ideas on how to make it.

Comment

I don't have to tow it with the tractor. I only need it for a small plot. maybe I do it with recycled iron and scrap and I spend little money. thanks anyway

Comment

This is a small lawn roller I built 20 years ago. It's just some tubing, flat bar, bearings and a motor casing from a scrapped 200 hp electric motor. It weighs around 300 pounds and has worked well over the years. I still use it on occasion.

Comment

thanks was what i wanted to accomplish.

Comment

Working...
                  X