Voice from out in the wilderness, well, north Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice from out in the wilderness, well, north Texas

It’s been awhile since I've been on the Miller Forums but I’m still registered. I was doing a Google on something and my name came up with some serious misinformation about what happened to me. So I thought I would update the situation.

I will be 72 in July so I’m not older than dirt or water but I was there when it was discovered that mud could be fun. I’m building a bardominium with my wife. 4150sf foot print with an 1150 sf apartment at one end.

This is one of those projects that most guys can only dream of doing. Here where I am at the only inspection is of the septic, that was in when I bought the acre and a half two years ago. So the building is all in my head, nothing on paper. The framework is 3 1/4” by 11 1/2” formed 14 ga channel. It was made for solar farms where one outfit bought out another and this stuff was surplus. I got 2,600 lf at a buck a foot and havent looked back. It’s the wife and me and occasionally a friend will help out. A lot of the dimensions were determined by the sizes of materials I had.

If there’s interest I can give more details. Those who don’t have time or patience can pretty well follow out the process from day one over on IRV2/Vintage RVs/life with jane

I am still using hot glue guns, currently five, six if you go oxy acetylene. Miller 1987 model Legend gas drive, Miller 250 Dial Arc, Miller Max Star 150STL, Lincoln 205 tig machine, Panasonic Gunslinger 260 wire feeder.

Right now the projects are the barndominium, helping neighbor with 1800 ft of goat fence with welded 2 7/8” braces and corners, 65 ft lattice tower to get access for decent internet service, fun stuff. The blacksmith shop is tucked away in the back of the welding shop so I wont be tempted in going down that rabbit hole.

Life is good, well, except for the Covid, no visitors please.
    life is good

So what’s the update on your situation? I don’t care what the google says. I’m not even going to go look. Are you famous or something?

Comment

http://harveylacey.com/wordpress/?p=92 Try this on for size
      life is good

Comment

http://harveylacey.com/wordpress/?p=92 Hit the wrong button. This is the one I figured you would try to copy
        life is good

Comment

Bad at copy and paste
          life is good

Comment

I think I remember that stone stairway from when you made it. Nice reminder of that artistry and challenge!

Comment

Cool project.

Comment

There are pipe fences and then there are pipe fences. A bud did some trading with me and I ended up with a bunch of light weight 2 3/8” galvanized posts. It’s all stick welded, 5P+ 3/32 87 model Legend welder. When things settle down I plan on filling in the top space between the rails with custom blacksmithed ironwork, just a concept now.
                life is good

Comment

There are pipe fences and then there are pipe fences. A bud did some trading with me and I ended up with a bunch of light weight 2 3/8” 16 gauge galvanized posts. It’s all stick welded, 5P+ 3/32 87 model Legend welder. When things settle down I plan on filling in the top space between the rails with custom blacksmithed ironwork, just a concept now.
                  life is good

Comment

This website makes this a lot harder than it has to be. Hard to believe because I’ve been to Appleton on their nickel and MIller is first class all the way.
                    life is good

Comment

Working...
                    X