X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mootwon
    replied
    Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

They used it every day. Which means they probably never did preventive maintenance. Maybe never even checked the oil.
    That might be what happened and they used it alot, not every day sorry for the mix up.

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Originally posted by Mootwon View Post
    So I was talking to the guy that gave it to me and he said before it died it blew white smoke and stopped running and never would fire up again. They also took of the head gasket and cover and left it to rot so may not work. Do you know what could have happened to it. To add on they also use this thing for there job every day.
    Those have a low oil auto kill circuit built in............and they do burn oil over time.....Had mine stop right in the middle of a job one day.....and even though I checked all the obvious could not get it to fire .....and the dipstick showed oil but must have been below the mark........added a quart and back to work!

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by Mootwon View Post
    So I was talking to the guy that gave it to me and he said before it died it blew white smoke and stopped running and never would fire up again. They also took of the head gasket and cover and left it to rot so may not work. Do you know what could have happened to it. To add on they also use this thing for there job every day.
    They used it every day. Which means they probably never did preventive maintenance. Maybe never even checked the oil.
    Last edited by MAC702; 04-16-2020, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mootwon
    replied
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Mootwon
    replied
    Last edited by Mootwon; 04-16-2020, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1223176/Onan-P216.html

Try this one.

Leave a comment:

• Mootwon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    If you don't have the manual for it, you can download it for free here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...Onan-P216.html
    the link is not valid for me

Leave a comment:

• Mootwon
    replied
    ok thanks

Leave a comment:

• tarry99
    replied
    Wherever you live there has got to be a small engine guy nearby............your going to need hands on help , and getting close to a few of these small engine clinics in your area will be allot of help....

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    If you don't have the manual for it, you can download it for free here:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...Onan-P216.html

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied

As MMW said, onanparts.com. I have bought Onan parts from them in the past. I have also had good luck with jackssmallengines.com. Neither place is cheap, but you can usually find what you need.

Leave a comment:

• Mootwon
    replied
    it is an onan performer 16.

Leave a comment:

• smawgmaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    I had the same question until I just read the title--Onan P-16.. It took me a while....
    Well darn, I missed that!

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Miller has zero engine parts. Your local generator or small engine shop is your best bet. Plus the onan link above...Bob

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Onanparts.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X