council building iron loft made at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council building iron loft made at home

hello I should make a loft 2 meters high 2.50 meters long 2, 30 meters some advice, as you would do with a little money thanks

Scrap pipe or steel channels. How much capacity?
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

sturdy lightweight, I do not have to load weights with a forklift or crane, such as a closet, one proportional to the surface

Click image for larger version

Name:	soppalco.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	604961Click image for larger version

Name:	disegno.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	604962

file:///C:/Users/hp/Downloads/Catalogo%20Soppalchi%202018.pdf
      Attached Files

Comment

I know this is seemingly going to sound like an insult to engineers, but I think most are born with a degree of build something in them. Granted, not all equally of course, but to some degree, a bit in them.

Looking at those pictures, as well taking or leaving the industrial look of metal construction, this like your other project is really about material type and what you do with it.
        Your circumstance will be the game changer in making that happen. Maybe your budget? It doesn't matter what we like more, it's what you want when it's done. Either you copy existing, modify from existing, or you get creative with materials readily available and watch your master piece grow.

Name:	14656421_696477137172371_6680144409229999162_n.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	604995

Comment

I would like to do it in tubes or in an empty metal box, a light structure like a platform with a raised platform on rigid uprights, what do you think, only that above there is little space around 1.50 meters, is it worth but? wide type leaning shelf Click image for larger version

Name:	altillo.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	605085

Name:	controventatura.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	605086Click image for larger version

Name:	disegno.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	605087Click image for larger version

Name:	schema.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	605088

Comment

That 700 KG is 1500 lbs for us non metric guys. 2' black pipe should work for the legs and the platform or you can use 3" channel for the platform. Or wood 2x4's for the platform and 4x4 wood legs. Or another zillion options...Bob
            Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
            http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Eliminate the legs at the wall and lag that sill to the wall. That alone provides a huge improvement in structural integrity.
              Relocate the stairs to the face of the deck and make them pullup eliminating the stairs obstructing the doorway and gaining deck space along with more structural integrity by bolting a second sill to that wall.
              Weld tabs for the diaphragm braces direct to the legs and eliminate the clamp system that sticks beyond the deck and will either become an attempted hanger or a flesh ripper.
              PAD the braces to height of 7 feet above the floor with either styrofoam or several layers of carpet to minimize concussions.
              If this is supposedly moveable in the future frame deck corners with leg pockets of 2½" pipe at least 8" long with 2 setscrews to retain the legs.
              Chamfer feet of the legs to save tripping on them
              All diaphragm braces must go from leg to deck sill for maximum value.
              Without proper diaphragm bracing it's a parallelogram waiting to collapse.
              If possible at least 1 anchor should penetrate the foot and go 2" into the concrete.

Comment

thanks for the precise suggestions, I enclose sketch drawing with measurements that I took today, Click image for larger version

Name:	loft.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	605141Click image for larger version

Name:	altillo.jpg
Views:	71
ID:	605142

pralicamente the beam would be like amplitude between the supports 250 cm, height 190 cm, length 180 cm
                all in centimeters, as a material I would like to use box-shaped 100x 50 x 3 mm iron thickness both for the three riser columns and for the three 250 cm beams, what do you say on the one hand the housing on the brick wall 30 cm thick, from the Otherwise I hold up the uprights that bolt to the wall 18 centimeters thick and to the floor what you say. Is the roof 350 cm high from the ground? if you have other suggestions let me know, thanks for the sustenance

Name:	scatolati-rett.gif
Views:	72
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	605143

https://www.oppo.it/tabelle/profilati-tubi-rettang.htm

http://www.albaedile.it/prodotto/fer...50x3-mm-l-6-m/

Name:	32000-20bb14546cdc2399eac3dd2a6cd3c465.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	605144Click image for larger version

Name:	32001-650ebcce865eaffe1d3f3d80744ac207.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	605145

Comment

Essentially you're building a pallet rack, but you're leaving out the vital diagonal component of the structure making it vulnerable.

Relying only on the welded joint is disaster waiting to happen.

Even minimal 1/8 x 1 strapping welded in as diagonals would increase the safety of the system by creating triangles.

Comment

you could kindly attach some drawings thanks. I have to figure out how to distribute the loads like unloading the weight evenly on the ground, otherwise everything collapses thanks

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkT0HsIU0luu2j0laLt58myyuhOeP33sPfHT_FfXI5E7FyMqOq&s.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	605206Click image for larger version

Name:	images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwXrXs0vR_13E_UTPO0CmqfN7fo4qcgpubvG2JT6_jY8k-cfOZEw&s.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	605207

Name:	green-and-orange-storage-concepts-freestanding-shelving-units-ib42120-40108s-64_1000.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	605209

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Storage-...108S/305650799

https://www.bunnings.com.au/steel-de...frame_p0910821
                    Attached Files

Comment

The purple elements are what you need to add.
                      They introduce triangles into the structure and triangles do NOT deflect unless the length of one leg changes.
                      The elements reduce stress on your existing joints and will prevent collapse.
                      They don't need to be heavy material.

Comment

diagonal reinforcement elements for building scaffolding or bridge tie rods. thank you sorry if I disturbed you. by eye a box-shaped 100x50x 3 mm how much could I load it, the whole floor as surface would be 4.5 square meters, what maximum load could it bear? thank you sorry if I disturbed you. Click image for larger version

Name:	rack.jpg
Views:	52
ID:	605230

Name:	orditura traverse.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	605231Click image for larger version

Name:	scaffale.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	605232Click image for larger version

Name:	pallett rack mezzanino.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	605233

Comment

Your load won't be distributed on the 4.5 sq meters, it will be on the total area of the 4 feet. The concrete floor will distribute the load some IF the concrete is reinforced.

Comment

I'm afraid it falls like a house of cards, maybe the lateral push demolishes the brick wall. prudence is never too much

Name:	DSCN5156.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	727.6 KB
ID:	605250Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5157.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	665.9 KB
ID:	605251Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN5158.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	734.0 KB
ID:	605252
                            the place is not bright we cannot make a virtual inspection of the images. thanks anyway for some valuable advice.

Comment

Name:	capannone 1 falda.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	605254

Name:	larghezza locale interno.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	605255Click image for larger version

Name:	locale.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	605256Click image for larger version

Name:	schema.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	605257

what do you think about it? how to make it more robust? thanks sorry if I insist thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X