Trophy for Clay Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy for Clay Shoot

I was asked to come up with these for the local Boy Scout clay shoot, not much welding involved, laser cut gun stock, tube and round bar for the barrels, some copper and half oval brass

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190929_082118(0).jpg
Views:	150
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	602578

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190929_082435.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	602579
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Really nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by drb1215 View Post
      Really nice job.
      Thanks
      Richard
      West coast of Florida

Comment

Ya man, very sharp. Way better than some mass produced plastic statue from a trophy store catalog, that’s for sure.

Comment

Thanks Ryan
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

That's so cool. Can I have one, I went skeet shooting for the first time last month. I hit 8 out of 25. That qualify for a trophy?

Comment

Tell you what, that is definitely unique. Actually makes me wonder though, is it a good idea to dress the Lt up in a campaign hat and short pants and expose impressionable yute to his experience?
              We ain't even going to mention how young boys shouldn't be near them terrible guns. I heard on the radio how guns are dangerous to children.

More I look at the pic, more I wonder why them chillins is using riot guns? That sure looks like a riot tube to me.

Lt is a little off his game too. He would have put the copper on opposite sides of the posts and riveted properly the top could twist with temperature changes and get the kids wondering how that bimetalic thing works.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
                That's so cool. Can I have one, I went skeet shooting for the first time last month. I hit 8 out of 25. That qualify for a trophy?
                Thanks, I'm not the judge, hadn't thought about a participation trophy, how insensitive of me
                Richard
                West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                  Tell you what, that is definitely unique.
                  Thanks

Richard
                  West coast of Florida

Comment

I'm throwing shotguns in the truck right now (not counting the defensive shotgun already in there) to head out for Tuesday Night Trap under the lights. Last month I missed getting a perfect 25 by only one clay, the FIRST one, the first shot I ever fired through a new-to-me 1897 Winchester. Faded blued steel, steel buttplate, dinged walnut, and a fixed full choke. My first shot went high. I hit the next 24 clays.

I think I'll start with that one tonight.

Comment

Those are pretty neat. It's nice that they aren't a cut & paste of the typical trophy where you take the golf guy/gal off and put the baseball guy/gal on and so-on. Glue the little plaque -here-.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

Thanks, I'm not the judge, hadn't thought about a participation trophy, how insensitive of me
                        Participation Trophy aaaaaa no thanks I'll practice and earn one. You're not insensitive, if you don't win you don't get the trophy!

Comment

Working...
                        X