X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second half of my day sucked.
    Attached Files

Comment

Goodness. This has been a battle. That cross bar is keeping the flat part flat against the uprights I welded in until the insanely expensive panel adhesive can adhere properly. The silver stuff isn’t to keep out big brother from spying on me....or is it?
      Attached Files

Comment

It could be a matter of bad Karma you made yourself not all that long ago.
        For your convenience I've provided an easy way for you to reverse your Karma.

Just leave 4 Clark Bars in the top left drawer of my toolbox and see how your Karma improves.

Comment

And you’ll notice those are “cups” not “bars”. Your stupid Clark bar was expired. I did you a favor.

Comment

Given the situation, I tried cutting you slack.
            Clark Bars aren't quite ready yet. Enter Clark Cups.

PATRICIA SABATINI
            Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
            [email protected]

JAN 23, 2019

6:01 PM

It’s not exactly the news Clark Bar fans were hoping for.

Instead of the iconic candy returning to store shelves next month, it looks like buyers will have to keep salivating until this summer.

Turns out the formulas for making the chocolate-covered crunchy peanut butter bar “weren’t as detailed as we were told,” said Anthony Forgione, CEO of Boyer Candy Co. in Altoona, maker of the Mallo Cup.

His company rescued Clark Bars from the trash heap in September. It purchased the rights and equipment from an unidentified seller after New England Confectionery Co. — the Massachusetts company that produced them for the past nearly 20 years — went bankrupt.

Unofficially labeled the
            Patricia Sabatini
            Good news for fans of Pittsburgh's iconic Clark Bar: Mallo Cup maker to bring the candy home
            A list of ingredients came with the deal, Mr. Forgione said, but step-by-step instructions on how to cook them up “weren’t as specific as we would have wanted.”

Over the past several months — with the help of retired Clark Bar employees in Pittsburgh, where the candy was produced from its creation in 1917 until 1999 — Boyer managed to get the flavor and consistency right, Mr. Forgione said.

“They taste fantastic,” he said.

But there still are a few glitches.

“Right now, they are coming out in the shape of hot dogs,” Mr. Forgione said. “We are in the process of working on that.”

He estimates it will be June or July before perfect batches begin rolling off the conveyor belts on their way to stores.

In the meantime, Mr. Forgione used the abundance of hot-dog-shaped rejects as inspiration for a new type of candy he’s calling Clark Cups.

Unofficially labeled the
            Patricia Sabatini
            Looks like Clark Bar fans can stop freaking out
            “We’re grinding up those [misshapen] Clark Bars and mixing them up in peanut butter. So it’s like a crunchy peanut butter cup,” he said. “We put them on the shelves in our outlet store and they sold out in a day.”

Boyer will start offering Clark Cups to retailers in Pennsylvania early next month, and hopes to begin selling them nationwide within a couple of months, Mr. Forgione said.

Clark Cups will be packaged in the traditional red wrappers that Clark Bars are known for. In a new twist, the words “Born in the ‘Burgh” will be stamped on the back.

“It probably won’t help our sales in Philly, but we thought it was important” to honor the candy’s roots, Mr. Forgione said of the slogan.

“It’s like our thank-you to Pittsburgh.”

Comment

Outside complete. I’ll start on the inside finish work next week. No more welding on this job though.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X