• Show
Clear All

• Noel
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1019.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	602229I used to own one. 1977 CJ7 Levi edition. 304V8 and a three speed.

Name:	4259_12.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	602230But my idea of a jeep isn't off road and mud it's a no top and no doors custom Jeepster.

Name:	Jan 2011 001.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	602231So that what I like and how I'm rolling in building another Jeep.

Name:	IMG_0913.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	602232And not being a quitter, I make slow progress on making it happen.

Name:	IMG_8128.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	602233I can say for certain, the hood makes for a great table top as evident by the pile of crap stored on mine. And when the floor went in, even more storage was found to pile stuff.
    But my amusement around doors and storing them comes from my having started with nothing but a rusted tub that provided an edge to weld metal to and procuring nickel and dime to put it together.
    This conversation, it serves to remind me... I don't have any doors? I'm thinking if I don't buy any, I won't have a storage problem?

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlILVINpOkk

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    This is a big Jeep area I live in. The big Jeep club here, of which I don’t participate because you have to be on the Facebook to communicate with them, some of those guys have some really tricked out machines. Some of those machines are so clean you could lick the undercarriage and not get your tongue dirty. I would not suggest anyone lick the undercarriage of mine. I think some the fancy machines here have wheels and tires that are worth more than my entire Jeep.

Leave a comment:

• drb1215
    replied
    ryanjones2150 it’s a Jeep, it’s functional, and that’s all that matters. You get just as much respect as those that have rigs North of $100k. Nice camper!!

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Took a lot of work, a lot of time and way too many tear downs and rebuilds due to “engineering” mistakes. I plan to build another one, only bigger and out of all aluminum. This one has a steel bed and a wood frame.

Nah, that’s one of the *******ized stepchildren of the Jeep family, it’s a 1990 YJ. But she won’t break. I’ve been trying.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    That tear drop way better than nice. Is that a cj7 wrangler, I had a 76 cj7 great jeep.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I own nothing that nice....I’m just a junky kind of guy I guess. But here’s my junky old Jeep with my junky old (newly built by me) teardrop camper....

For your viewing pleasure....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    That's like when my only transportation was a motorcycle. People ask what do you do when it rains. Response 'Get wet DUH'
    And Nice Jeep!!! (not you Ryan)

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Pretty fine machine man. I wasn’t suggesting YOUR Jeep is junky. I was saying my ride is a junky old Jeep. It is true, without doors, I do get wet when it rains.

I was at the hardware store the other day and it was raining. I was getting into my Jeep and a guy says, “be a good day for doors.” Silly little man, I thought. I told him it’s never a good day for doors. He asked what I do when it rains. I get wet. And I’m not even a rocket surgeon and I would’ve figured that one out.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Have you crawled under it yet and inspected the factory welds?
    My understanding is Jeep has experienced a number of issues and replaced many units due to weld issues.

Leave a comment:

• drb1215
    replied
    ryanjones2150 I do appreciate the advise, but it is far from a junky old Jeep. It’s a 2016 JKU that we are slowly building out. Nice Jeep. The hard doors are not so much for cold as they are for keeping rain and snow out during the winter.

Leave a comment:

• Franz©
    replied
    Pool noodles are a much underused national resource.

Old ButtBuggy had a 1" square tube crash rack and an unamed short woman was always forgetting to duck, followed by a string of utterances. I had no problem with her walking. She did take a while to get over her thinking I'd follow along where she was going. Slit some noodles and solved the problem. Sort of strange how skulls rarely contact padded bars.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I’ve been trying to help you with that Jeep door problem, but you won’t listen. First, if you got an old junky Jeep like mine, you’d only have two heavy and awkward doors to carry. Second, if you threw them in the scrap bin, you can get a Jeep with as many door holes as you want and you never have to move them again. It’s a brilliant plan, if you ask me. Genius in fact. Feel free to plagiarize my ideas.

You’re welcome.

Leave a comment:

• drb1215
    replied
    Finished with doors mounted.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Nice work...Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X