Jeep Door Dolly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Door Dolly

Being new to welding the first project I built with my MM215 is a door dolly to store our Jeep hard doors. The base is 1x1 angle iron, which holds a piece of 3/4” plywood topped with a 1/4” rubber mat (keeps the bottoms of the doors from getting scratched). The separators are 14g 1” square tubing (they will be covered by hollow pool noodles to protect the paint). The casters are 4” swivels from HF.

No no more carrying each door individually to store them ( they aren’t light!).

Nice work...Bob
    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Finished with doors mounted.

Comment

I’ve been trying to help you with that Jeep door problem, but you won’t listen. First, if you got an old junky Jeep like mine, you’d only have two heavy and awkward doors to carry. Second, if you threw them in the scrap bin, you can get a Jeep with as many door holes as you want and you never have to move them again. It’s a brilliant plan, if you ask me. Genius in fact. Feel free to plagiarize my ideas.

You’re welcome.

Comment

Pool noodles are a much underused national resource.

Old ButtBuggy had a 1" square tube crash rack and an unamed short woman was always forgetting to duck, followed by a string of utterances. I had no problem with her walking. She did take a while to get over her thinking I'd follow along where she was going. Slit some noodles and solved the problem. Sort of strange how skulls rarely contact padded bars.

Comment

ryanjones2150 I do appreciate the advise, but it is far from a junky old Jeep. It’s a 2016 JKU that we are slowly building out. Nice Jeep. The hard doors are not so much for cold as they are for keeping rain and snow out during the winter.

Comment

Have you crawled under it yet and inspected the factory welds?
              My understanding is Jeep has experienced a number of issues and replaced many units due to weld issues.

Comment

Pretty fine machine man. I wasn’t suggesting YOUR Jeep is junky. I was saying my ride is a junky old Jeep. It is true, without doors, I do get wet when it rains.

I was at the hardware store the other day and it was raining. I was getting into my Jeep and a guy says, “be a good day for doors.” Silly little man, I thought. I told him it’s never a good day for doors. He asked what I do when it rains. I get wet. And I’m not even a rocket surgeon and I would’ve figured that one out.

Comment

That's like when my only transportation was a motorcycle. People ask what do you do when it rains. Response 'Get wet DUH'
                  And Nice Jeep!!! (not you Ryan)

Comment

I own nothing that nice....I’m just a junky kind of guy I guess. But here’s my junky old Jeep with my junky old (newly built by me) teardrop camper....

For your viewing pleasure....
                    Attached Files

Comment

That tear drop way better than nice. Is that a cj7 wrangler, I had a 76 cj7 great jeep.

Comment

Took a lot of work, a lot of time and way too many tear downs and rebuilds due to “engineering” mistakes. I plan to build another one, only bigger and out of all aluminum. This one has a steel bed and a wood frame.

Nah, that’s one of the *******ized stepchildren of the Jeep family, it’s a 1990 YJ. But she won’t break. I’ve been trying.

Comment

ryanjones2150 it’s a Jeep, it’s functional, and that’s all that matters. You get just as much respect as those that have rigs North of $100k. Nice camper!!

Comment

This is a big Jeep area I live in. The big Jeep club here, of which I don’t participate because you have to be on the Facebook to communicate with them, some of those guys have some really tricked out machines. Some of those machines are so clean you could lick the undercarriage and not get your tongue dirty. I would not suggest anyone lick the undercarriage of mine. I think some the fancy machines here have wheels and tires that are worth more than my entire Jeep.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlILVINpOkk

Comment

Working...
                              X