Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium - not just for hip joints

Got a call from my accountant friend who told me that his neighbor just
    got out of the hospital with an infected foot.

Patient needed to keep the bed covers off her foot while she recovered at home.
    Took a look and came up with this support which fits between the mattress and the box spring.

Quick and easy to install and remove to change the bedding.
    Used 7/32" diameter 6-4 titanium rods as this is what I had and she needed it done quickly
    Works well and the patient is recovering nicely.

When she is back on her feet, ths frame can be recycled into a nice bbq rack

Click image for larger version

Name:	Support1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	601758Click image for larger version

Name:	Support2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	601759
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Support3.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	601760
    Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

BH custom, space aged bed cover elevator 1000....kind of a long name, but I think it’ll catch on.

Comment

Mark II version will hold a hot water bottle and travel mug. .
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Comment

creative. helpful. well done

Comment

Way cool, Great to help those that need, with things they can't buy. You know medical devices are worth a fortune, market that thing you could get $1500 a piece for those, bill direct to the insurance companies.

Comment

Last year I had an inflamed knee.
            Of course I waited until I needed crutches to walk..
            Got my landscaper friend to drop me off at my local hospital ER as I figured I could walk home after treatment.
            Ended up having to stay for 4 days.
            Luckily there was no infection just IV antibiotics and a rather large bill a week later.
            My biggest worry was not being able to weld during my stay.

Thru my experience, I figured I could make this patient's recovery a bit easier.
            If I could have ordered a beer with my dinner or if my room had a mini-bar, I would have been much happier.

Comment

Actually it's a pretty routine hospital appliance.
              https://www.top5reviewed.com/blanket-support-lifts/

Whoever discharged the patient failed to add one to the Discharge plan and profit the hospital.

Little woman had back surgery and needed a walker when I picked her up. Discharge Social Worker who we happen to know (also a blacksmith and pig roaster) absolutely refused to let us borrow the one she was using, ordered her a new walker still in the wrapper and put it in the car for her. It went on the bill. Hospital paid retail for a new walker because she worked there, just part of the benefit plan when you know what the plan offers.

There are also medical device and appliance rental firms that set the patient up at home and pick the durable units back up when the patient is done with them.

Comment

Working...
              X