Finally Used My Old Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Used My Old Pipes

Replumbed the house last year and finally made my wood rack. After the fact I recalled something about welding galvanized metal. Didn't get sick or have a headache but did spit white lugies for a few days. Chased a few rust holes, made others bigger but my rack for grilling pecan wood is done. Anyone with a pecan tree or misquite trees likely has a few stacks sitting by the grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190413_204611_1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	601617Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190412_200231.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	601616Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190412_200554_1.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	601615Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190412_200250_1.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	601614Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190413_183212.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	601613

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. So your telling me Pecans grow on trees? I never new that? Mosquito's as well? What is it with trees? Guess thaat's why they are burning down the rain forest?
    Looks good. Points for creative use of materials. Judges however are docking point for no paint.

Comment

Noel chill with the Ryan frightening color coating material. We got bigger things to accomplish here.
      The man said mesquite trees. That wood is valuable and hard to come by as well as harder than my skull.
      First thing we gotta do is enlighten him on the use of Muriatic acid for galvanize removal and give him the PawPaw Wilson warning.
      Then we go to work on getting some mesquite for handles and flakes. It ain't easy to come by here and possibly not ever heard of in Canahodia.

We gotta play this careful!

Comment

Love that pecan wood for cooking.

Good use of otherwise almost worthless scrap metal.

Comment

Mesquite Trees, that was so bad even my spelling suggestions didn't know what I was talking about.

Comment

If you’re in west Texas, you can’t walk across the street without stumbling over mesquite wood.

Comment

I thought Mesquite was a bush not a tree. What ever it is I do like using it for BBQ.

Comment

Maybe more of a shrubbery...

Comment

Ryan you can make a fortune by harvesting and bailing that wood and shipping it North to smokers.
                  Guy here is selling bags of Apple for 10 bucks a bag the size of a drywall bucket.

Manual pine needle bailer and some wire and you're in business.

Comment

Maybe, but west Texas is almost as far of a drive for me as it is for you. It’s a big state.

Comment

Working...
                    X