Improvement 1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement 1.3

Installed a battery clip that holds 3 Lithium AA cells to replace the former cord to pocket battery pack.

Run time to battery exhaustion is 5 hours.

Definitely superior to 1.2 design

Next comes the Winter baffle to direct air flow across the lense rather than onto my head.

Personally I would never be caught welding in that
    It's just too dang ugly......sorry

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

You probably spent less money but I like my Miller cool band, keeps me cooler in summer and lens won't fog in the cold. Best of all run time is at least 8 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by FusionKing View Post
        Personally I would never be caught welding in that
        It's just too dang ugly......sorry
        Stop looking in the mirror when you post FK.

Truth is I ain't overly fond of the paste on graphics either, but pulling them off is more trouble than it's worth.

Gramps, you walk your road and I'll walk mine.
        Can I interest you in a genuine Miller by Supreglobalmegaholdings? Like many genuine "Miller" products it was made in China.

Comment

For me head clearance would be an issue as well. Many times we have to use the Miller Mask just to have ample headroom.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
          Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
          MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
          Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
          Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300
          Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
          Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

It was made in China, I'm not aware of an American made counterpart, maybe you could lead me in that direction. Although your cooler may not be the best looking, if it cools your noggin who cares. You absolutely want to get a baffle in there for winter. The cooling is great in summer but the defogging in winter is the best thing ever.post a pick when you get the baffle figured out.

Comment

OGD my present thinking on the baffle is to use vinyl siding material for the baffle itself with securing employing velcro to provide both mounting along with some adjustability for best air flow. Truth is I ain't all that keen on welding in the cold season like I was 40 years back. I have a firm rule all snow equipment must be heated to minimally 60° in a room of equal temperature before I will work on it. Preheating is paramount in snow plow welding!

The Summer cooling effect is so good I almost want to leave the helmet down some days when there is no wind or I don't have the breeze box functioning. Beats he!! out of whatever is in second place and I only have about 12 bucks into it. Ugly I can live with, especially from the side of the helmet I'm usually on, and I don't have a fat head problem like FK so it's all good.

Comment

Velcro and vinyl siding sounds like a simple effective way to divert air flow off your head and onto the view port just where it's needed. I'm in Southern California but in the winter it get's super cool, like all the way down to low 30's LOL. That is plenty cool enough to fog up the lens when I breath. If you get your welding area into the 60's before you work in there you probably won't need the defogging feature of the in-hood fan.

Comment

Working...
                X