Childrens playgrounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Childrens playgrounds

Upon further consideration, and consultation with my bud Phil, and observing weekend custodial parents of 2 commonly accepted genders attempting to get little issue to interact with playground equipment to the extent of prying handheld devices from small hands and offering the device back only in exchange for interacting with the playground equipment, I have concluded building a backyard playground to be a BAD investment.

Grandparent interaction with rugrats at the aforementioned playground appears to indicate Grandparents have fallen down on the job of employing the grandkid as a punishment system to get even with the kid they raised to cause them aggravation as prior generations have done. (Additional observation- there are some good looking Grannys out there but none were in a good mood due to the monsters dumped on them for the weekend)

To doublecheck, I employed Google Earth pictures and Assessor pictures to determine the average count of houses in subdivisions where maximum rugrat density exists. That led me to the reality the current crop of rugrats are either not allowed in the yard from some TV/Inturdnet induced parent fear or the conversion of kids to device interface units. Less than 1 backyard playground per 100 houses exists..

I now fully conclude Phil is right.
    Unless the kid is among the tiny minority of kids who want to work with Gramps building any play device the only thing accomplished by building play equipment will be annoyance and frustration.

Phil may also be right on his rope bridge idea, and could very well be right with his idea the best investment in a small child is a unicycle for 40 bucks on ebay. The buyer even gets to assemble the unicycle, hopefully with rugrat participation. Assembly is about 15 minutes without rugrat and not determinable with rugrat. The unicycle is also transportable to the rugrat's quarters so he/she can practice.

This writing fulfilled my obligation to confirm Phil is right from time to time. I can recall Phil being right several times over 30+ years I have known him.

Having recently spent some time driving around in different neighborhood communities, I've come to the conclusion play grounds and play ground equipment are built for a certain age group. The group that has young kids and pays taxes.

Seemingly as you mention, play grounds in public spaces, these are to please the parents to gather the young and growing segment of population in groups to learn social skills and group bonding, a safe place to watch them from a distance affording a parental break and share with other parents in the differences that make them special.

I was a bad parent. I didn't make the effort often taking mine to the neighborhood park.
    Back then, the neighborhood park, it was pretty run down, the sand was packed, and past pushing the swing, tipping the teeter totter, and going down the slide, it got old pretty fast in terms of amusement value or challenge.

The new one is only mildly better, but it is colorful.

Without thought to them growing from ankle biters to those that say no, I'm bored, most play centers quickly lose attraction and sit empty because the demographics of the community changes over time and with age, and they simply loose amusement value. But they are a place for older kids to hang out.

https://www.playlsi.com/en/commercia...course-2---13/

Comment

Rugrat rotator that's easy to build in a couple hours.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGw0ZXy2Hk

Cheap too and you probably have most of the junque to build it in inventory

Comment

Working...
      X