No announcement yet.

custom hinges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is. My wife and I are putting this little cabin together on the high end side even though it's only 500 square feet. It's perfect for the 2 of us and makes for really nice weekend getaways.

Comment

That’s the way to do it brother.

Comment

Finally got the handle done. Just a simple pull handle no latch. Door has an automatic closer, it's strong enough to keep the screen closed. Came out nice, wife's happy and that make's it all good.

Comment

OGD, did you come up with the bear template yourself and cut it free hand with plasma? That is freakin' cool! I wish I had the knack for artsy fartsy stuff like that. If I tried to do that, I'd end up with another trailer.

Comment

Shouldn't there be a sign "Porridge Free House" and perhaps another "Goldilox Keep Out?

Just asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
              OGD, did you come up with the bear template yourself and cut it free hand with plasma? That is freakin' cool! I wish I had the knack for artsy fartsy stuff like that. If I tried to do that, I'd end up with another trailer.
              My wife found a picture of a cutout bear on one of those artsy websites. I printed out the picture then enlarged it until I got the size I wanted it to be. Then cut it out with an exato knife, trace it on to the steel and cut it out. The smaller cutouts I drilled a small hole first so as not to get any blow back. It's easier than you think just give it a go and in no time your be an artsy fartsy type too.lol

Comment

Thanks, that's some good info. Some folks already think I'm the "fartsy" type. It would be nice to add the "artsy" to it. I've got a Hypertherm Powermax 30 that's probably tired of straight lines in steel and expanded metal anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Franz© View Post
                  Shouldn't there be a sign "Porridge Free House" and perhaps another "Goldilox Keep Out?

Just asking for a friend.
                  I have this friendly(not so much) little guy guarding the cabin when I'm away. Goldiloxs won't get past him.

Comment

Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
                    Thanks, that's some good info. Some folks already think I'm the "fartsy" type. It would be nice to add the "artsy" to it. I've got a Hypertherm Powermax 30 that's probably tired of straight lines in steel and expanded metal anyway.
                    I'm way more fartsy than artsy myself. I'll be making a fishing rod holder in the near future. Plasma out a fish with some loops under it to hold the rods. I'll post step by step.

Comment

That’s pretty sweet, you got an OGD action figure.

Comment

LMAO that is hilarious Ryan. My wife and kids basically said the same thing. The store we got him at also had one these little guys standing and flipping the bird, I liked that one but thought it was just a bit over the top so I bought this guy instead. And Ryan thank you I really needed a good laugh this morning.

Comment

Ya man, flippin the bird would be a good one if it was just us full grown folks around. Probably not the best example for Gramps to set for the chirrens. One of these, God willin’, I’ll be an old guy flippin the bird.....

Comment

OGD, thought you might like to see my shop mascot....his name is Arnie Cunningham. We took him with us when we ran Drag Week a few years ago. That rocker and push rod was a parking lot repair at about midnight on day three; it had started to eat itself. He was also in HotRod magazine as part of the article they did on us.
                            Attached Files

Comment

He's awesome kinda reminds me of that little African doll from Twilight Zone. I'm sure some of you remember him, running around with his knife yelling ya,ya,ya,ya,ya..Your guy's axe is way more intimidating

Comment

Really nice work! That is one fancy screen door.

Comment

Working...
                                X