Trailer Square but not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Square but not

I bought this Trailer for $200, i cut the dove tail off and the trailer ended up having a 12 foot deck, i added 7 feet of channel, to end up with a 19 foot deck and a 23foot overall trailer, this trailer is a Deckover trailer with 2 axles..

My problem is from corner to corner between cross members its anywhere from 1" to 1" 3/4 out of square. on all the pre-existing material. the trailer is obviously homemade

but when you measure from the center of the tongue to every corner its at most 1/4 off/out of square,

the whole thing should be square right not just square with the tongue...

what is going on here? should i not worry about it???

i have the extension only tacked up right now, should i just square it with the tongue of the trailer? it will be hard to square the back half with the front being soo........fkedup

do i just get the tongue as square with the axles as possible, as i am going to have to move them since i extended the trailer deck.......
    Last edited by Gibsonbrett; 07-15-2019, 06:56 PM.

Need more information.
    Are deck & wheels a unit, or is there deck, frame wheels from top down?
    Forget, ignore, forgetbout the hitch assembly for time being.

Find center front to back of the deck and snap a line then find center of length and snap a line. Do the 3/4/5 thing and see if anything about the deck is square.

If deck, frame, wheels how are deck and frame secured to each other?

Comment

Any pictures? The important thing is that the axle is square to the tongue I would say
      www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
      Miller extreme 12vs
      Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
      Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Square the axles to the tongue and you should be good to go. You want a straight pulling trailer when on the highway.
        A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
        LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
        Lincoln Weldpak 100
        Gianttech Arc 200
        Victor O/A

Comment

Working...
        X