No announcement yet.

New chop saw cart/table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely include LED illumination on yours, preferably 12 volt with a battery and PIR detectors to turn the lights on when the saw is approached, for safety. Blue floor accent lighting will offer maximum chip lighting for cleanup.
    The PIR thing is wonderful for keeping my knee out of contact with trailer hitches in dark areas. Don't tell Ryan or he'll want to know how to do that on his trailer of tears.

Since they keep getting stolen, perhaps motion detection and a siren as well.

Comment

Since you’re in the building mode....I’ll take two.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
        Since you’re in the building mode....I’ll take two.
        I'm not greedy, I'll take one
        Richard

Comment

Since I'm long in the tooth, and already have a reciprocating saw with a dozen blades, just send me a saw and a few blades. I can use 3Ø if you have one.
          Thanks in advance.
          I'll send a few cases of beer in compensation for all your hard work, and I won't let that thievin Jones kid deliver it. If you like Jerky (not the Jones kid) I might be able to ship some venison jerky in with the beer.

Comment

Well, I wasn’t going to be greedy, I was going to give it Franz for Christmas. Since he has such an attitude, he can stick it where the Clark bars don’t shine. I’ll give it to Oscar. He’ll be more grateful anyway. Franz will just tell you how you could’ve done it better and share a story of way back when they had horse drawn saw stands....

I could give it to Olivero, but he would be confused and probably hurt himself. Which would be amusing....

Comment

I don't want to be rude guys, but build your own darn carts! I posted enough pics you can figure it all out. If you can't, I can take more pics with a tape measure in them so you can copy ed zakery what I did. . besides I'm tired

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
                I don't want to be rude guys, but build your own darn carts! I posted enough pics you can figure it all out. If you can't, I can take more pics with a tape measure in them so you can copy ed zakery what I did. . besides I'm tired
                I don't find your position rude at all, and as soon as you get my saw here I'll get about mounting it to a cart of my own modified design. I have a couple SeaDoo shipping frames sitting here that will provide materials for the job, and I truly appreciate you not only giving out free saws but providing free shipping as well. You are a generous man in my book..

Don't pay any attention to that Clark bar stealing hose hauler Ryan. He was an Affirmative Action hire by the Department so they could avoid hiring a one armed Samoan female Army Veteran. They bypassed her on the list by claiming the air pack would fall off her back. Tyan flunked Cadence Counting in Officer School too. Hr has to read it from his device.

Comment

Well Thank you for not thinking my comments rude. Your saw was shipped last week I'm surprised it's not there yet. I'll have to take it up with the freight company. Oh and I sent 2 so you can build the cart for Ryan seeing how busy he is.

Comment

Ryan's just a kid with a whole pile of kid issues and dang little experience. Hopefully he will grow out of it.

Far as building hm a saw stand, I gotta think on it in light of the Clark bar stealin situation. I also have reports from a bordello piano player that Ryan was far less than courteous when visiting that establishment. He really is clinging to the positive side of the ledger by his fingernails.

Comment

I could’ve used that stand with a saw today. Dadgumit. I couldn’t figure out how to cut it all up with my level zero experience, so I just pissed and moaned about it like Franz does, looked back and by golly, it was all cut. Right on the line too. I guess being a grouchy old know it all worked out.

Comment

Wrong you Clark bar stealin hose dragger.
                        I just pick up the phone and order it out cut to length. Cutter screws up they pay for the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Willvis View Post
                          I have on of the mk morse ones in my shop. Ive been using it on the ground or whatever I can set it up. I hate working on the ground! They are awesome saws. The only thing I dont like is that the vice turns for miters rather then the whole saw part. So if I made a bench / rack sort of thing against the wall either the saw needs to just free float or I need to build some type of swivel plate for it to sit on
                          This.

I also end up on the floor half the time since I have 3 chop saws. One cold, abrasive and wood (which I use on aluminum). Now that I picked up a lathe, have half a mind to transfer the cold/abrasive saw blade/motor arms to a wood style miter saw base. Would just be a matter of turning bushings for the pivot. Neighbor who scraps had a cast iron old school single miter saw base, but the thing was so heavy it didn't jive with my idea for the cart build.

Seeing this thread gave me a couple ideas. 3 shelf cart with unused saws on the bottom shelves. Nice work @oldgranddad.
                          J.Caraher
                          Wide Open Throttle Technologies (WOT-Tech), Pompano Beach FL
                          Miller Sync 300,Hobart 190
                          RogueFab pneumatic, Hossfeld Manual
                          Kitamura CNC, Bridgeport 2j
                          TunerPRO, HPTuners, AEM, Megasquirt, DynoJet
                          NASA Racing Official/Driver

YouTube Link, Instagram Link, FaceBook Link

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X