New chop saw cart/table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New chop saw cart/table

Got one those fancy new metal cutting chop saws. Man this think works awesome. Well I don't want to use it on the floor so we made a mobile table for it, since it will travel all around the building. The saw has 2 positions 90 and 45, with stops to locate it. and fold up material supports to help hold what your cutting without the need for extra stands.

Nice work.

Comment

Nice color, similar to my collection of Lilac tools assigned to the trailer.

How stable is it with a length of 4" sitting on the carriage?

Comment

With no extra support I can put 70 lbs. on the very end and all four wheels stay on the floor. Total stick out is about 6' from the blade. That color is WRONG is is supposed several shades darker. Got a bad batch of powder. We affectionately refer to it as Barney Purple.
        Last edited by Oldgrandad; 07-11-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

30 years back a bud dropped off a couple pickup loads of 2x10 22" long cutoff pressure treated planks from a job he was on. Fine by me, in my world a lot of cribbing always disappeared and I had to replace it. I also had a couple 5 gal buckets of PINK paint that was mixed wrong so as the planks dried out they got slathered pink. Still got about 20 of them at the farm. Did a free job for the local museum where at least 10 observers just had to comment on the pink. One guy looks and says he figures we don't loose many of them cause nobody gonna steal that color anything.
          Funny how that works.

Comment

I just thought that saw stand was expressing “it’s” non-conformism.

Comment

Nice setup. Is that RO piping on the floor?
              Richard
              West coast of Florida

Comment

Yes it is RO piping. 316 Stainless, mostly 4" with a little bit of 6", for 200 GPM system we're putting together.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgrandad View Post
                  Yes it is RO piping. 316 Stainless, mostly 4" with a little bit of 6", for 200 GPM system we're putting together.
                  Did a lot of that at my last employer, next step would be electropolishing

Do you do any tee (branch) pulling? We also had a Victaulic machine that did sch 10 sst, and used a lathe for sch 40.
                  Richard
                  West coast of Florida

Comment

I have on of the mk morse ones in my shop. Ive been using it on the ground or whatever I can set it up. I hate working on the ground! They are awesome saws. The only thing I dont like is that the vice turns for miters rather then the whole saw part. So if I made a bench / rack sort of thing against the wall either the saw needs to just free float or I need to build some type of swivel plate for it to sit on
                    www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
                    Miller extreme 12vs
                    Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
                    Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Originally posted by Willvis View Post
                      I have on of the mk morse ones in my shop. Ive been using it on the ground or whatever I can set it up. I hate working on the ground! They are awesome saws. The only thing I dont like is that the vice turns for miters rather then the whole saw part. So if I made a bench / rack sort of thing against the wall either the saw needs to just free float or I need to build some type of swivel plate for it to sit on
                      Google "lazy susan bearing" and go nuts playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

Did a lot of that at my last employer, next step would be electropolishing

Do you do any tee (branch) pulling? We also had a Victaulic machine that did sch 10 sst, and used a lathe for sch 40.
                        Real small margin on this job so no EP just passivate. Wish we did pull tee's don't have the equipment, but we do have a vic roller. It will do 1" thru 6" sch 10 or sch 40 and it will do PVC sch 80, 1-1/2" and 2". Great tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Willvis View Post
                          I put stops on the top of the cart so it has solid stops for 0 degrees and 45 degrees we also drilled and tapped holes so you can bolt the saw in place at both angles. Didn't mention earlier there are slots on the bottom side of the slides with bolts in them so the sliders won't come out and I put UHMW tape on the inside of the slide tube so the paint won't scrape off.

Comment

Now that kicks a&$ ! I've always wanted to make something like that but haven't gotten around to it, including the telescoping support idea. I'm pretty sure it was still a good amount of work to put it all together. If I ever get one of those cheaper Evosaw380's I might end up going a route like this.
                            HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                            HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                            HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                            HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                            HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                            HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

I have now completed 3 of these saw carts 2 with the telescoping material supports and they have all left me. (ungrateful tools) My boss thought they were so cool he sent them to our other branches. So I've got a redesign in the works cause mine has to be the coolest. I'm planning on adding one more length of telescoping with kick stand and I want to add a back rail with an attached tape measure with a stop you clamp on for repeat cuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X