X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnt hands
    replied
    Great job !

Seems today very few people want to make their projects a showcase for their skills or business.

Got a call to add sides and a floor to a trailer for a lawn service (not my landscaper buddy).

Worked up s design using alum diamond plate due to the wear and tear that wore out the old plywood pieces.

Even got s local sign shop to quote painted lettering on the sides for his business.

He ended up just replacing the plywood to his trailer with no lettering or info..

Wonder how he gets customers.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I painted the frame and hated every second of it. Had I the chance to go back and do it again, I would’ve probably used the powder coater. The yellow and white is painted aluminum sheets from a sign supplier.

The doors were my biggest mistake on this build. I had originally planned to use a cutout from the plywood side to make the door for the hole it came from. But in this extremely humid environment, they warped like crazy almost instantly after cutting them out. The problem was that now I have a very odd shaped hole that needed a door in it. I ended up having to get custom sized doors made that are 4” taller than stock doors. Stock doors generally cost around $300ish each. My mistake cost me about an additional $200 per door. But at the end of the day, having a little taller door is nice. Caused a few other issues that cost some money, but I won’t bore you.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Nice project! And you even painted it! Used to see a lot of them up north here in the 50s and 60s, then they seemed to fall out of favor. Never understood that; always thought they were a great solution to traveling light. Now, I'm beginning to see a good number of them again. A rediscovery by the new generation, I guess.

Assume you bought the doors?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    started a topic tear drop camper project

tear drop camper project

Not really a welding only project, but there’s plenty of welding that went into it. Built the frame, shortened the axle and had some aluminum that needed modification and some trim that needed fabbed up. Wasn’t too awfully impressed with the commercially available trim for the rear hatch, so I made it. There is an AC that is built into the main cabinet inside, which sits in a stainless pan I built. Finished it about 3-4 weeks ago. Fun and expensive project. Might sell it. Might keep it. Not sure yet. Waiting for the title to arrive in the mail.
    Attached Files
Working...
X