Material Racks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Racks

Got the call to make a new material rack for PVC pipe in our new fab area. After looking at the area it was going into I came up with this. A material rack that doubles as the material stand for the chop saw I made the material supports for the saw adjustable to account for an unlevel floor.

Looks good. Ryan will be disappointed that you didn't save the painting for him to do.
    I should build one a little heavier than that but the same general design for steel.

---Meltedmetal
    Last edited by Meltedmetal; 06-07-2019, 04:58 PM.
    ---Meltedmetal

Comment

I'd rather stand behind an abrasive chop saw catching a mouth full of sparks than paint anything. I hate painting. My powder coater loves me.

Comment

I don't like to paint either that rack is POWDERCOATED here's my steel rack made a new one of those with the PVC rack had it powdercoated too. Just finished loading it back up. Used 2 x 3 for the bottom and upright 1 1/2 square for the arms and 1/4 x 2 for the don't fall off the arm tabs.

Comment

PVC rack was only mounted to the floor the steel rack is mounted to the concrete wall at the top of each upright and at the front of each leg. The uprights are also X-Braced together. Don't think it's going anywhere

Comment

Looks good, I'd like to stop by and shop from that supply of tubing
            Richard

Comment

That one also looks good. What weight of tube and how long are the arms roughly?

---Meltedmetal
              ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Now that's interesting you should ask the weight of the tube? Equating that to a tubing wall thickness I'm guessing? Truth be told, the worry is how good is the weld? Or were you thinking it looked heavy? No matter really, long before a tube bends, fractures and breaks, I'm thinking 70psi has to hold something?
                Lol... I like the color. Top marks on adding some vibrant to the shop décor! Most shops know two colors, Either a Blue or a Red and paint it black.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg

The only good song the Rolling Stones ever did.

Comment

Never thought I'd say this, but....hey man, nice rack.

That hurt a little. Oli probably uses that phrase all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
                      Now that's interesting you should ask the weight of the tube? Equating that to a tubing wall thickness I'm guessing? Truth be told, the worry is how good is the weld? Or were you thinking it looked heavy? No matter really, long before a tube bends, fractures and breaks, I'm thinking 70psi has to hold something?
                      Lol... I like the color. Top marks on adding some vibrant to the shop décor! Most shops know two colors, Either a Blue or a Red and paint it black.
                      Your assumption is correct, I was looking for the thickness of the tube. We (here) often speak in terms of weight/foot though of a given dimension and we always expect the weld to be good. If the weld fails it is not the fault of the tube is it?

---Meltedmetal
                      ---Meltedmetal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 3.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	597745
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	597746Click image for larger version

Name:	rack 1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	597747

what do you think of this rack? they are cantilever shelves made of steel H beams, 3 meters long and 2 meters deep, 1.5 meters long
                        the H ipe 200 beam pillar, the ipe H 120 mm shelves with diagonal reinforcements at T 50 MM

Comment

Skookum.

Comment

Those also look good. I don't think I could afford enough steel to overload them but if I could I'd X-brace them.
                            ---Meltedmetal
                            ---Meltedmetal

Comment

I need a couple for my shop. When are you coming over?
                              www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
                              Miller extreme 12vs
                              Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
                              Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Working...
                              X