• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help tips useful tips for making a metal fence

Click image for larger version

Name:	recinto 2.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	597438 sorry if I disturb you, I should make a perimeter metal fence, like a fence enclosure, like a shack made of galvanized corrugated sheet, the measurements would be 1.80 meters high, 13 meters long, I should make the frame on which to screw the sheet metal panels, therefore I should bury some poles on which to weld the crossbars, any idea? Click image for larger version

Name:	recinto.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	597437

Name:	recinto 1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	597439

Ya man, you should do that.

Comment

Originally posted by pietromarruggio View Post
      therefore I should bury some poles on which to weld the crossbars, any idea?
      I am all for burying poles. Either treated wood or metal is up to you. Myself if i used metal make sure its galvanized because where i live it won't last long in the ground...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

sorry if I have disturbed you with my question, the biggest problem for me is to size the support and fixing frame or uprights and crossbars poles, you know well, you who are my masters if strong wind comes, the structure becomes a sail and the take away the wind like a kite, what do you suggest ?, for the poles I had thought of putting pieces of plastic plumbing tube underneath, to isolate the metal from the dampness and the condensation of the ground like a protective sheath, do you think?

Name:	metal-sales-metal-roofing-2313641-64_1000.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	597517

Comment

Metal has been sunk in the ground for many moons. Paint it, powder coat it or otherwise prep it properly and it'll last until the zombie apocalypse, then it won't matter. If you're that worried about it, use concrete mounts and sink them in there like a light pole base. Seems like excessive over-engineering to me, but it would be fun to do.

Or use treated wood.

Comment

it is near the sea about 500 meters therefore the air is full of salt, I must protect the structure well otherwise it rots, at the first gust of wind it takes off and flies like a glider, sooner or later the wood rots, the iron rusts but more slowly especially tubes an engineer had suggested me profiles, what can you suggest me? would you have some drawing or photos to get inspiration from? thanks again for your cooperation

Comment

an engineer had suggested me profiles, what can you suggest me?
              So rather than listen to an engineer you would rather take advise from 6 guys from the internet that never lived by the sea. Perfect. Your first pics looked good. Pic a style and "fly" with it. No pun intended...
              Bob Wright

Comment

Pour a concrete wall and never look back. It will be more expensive but you will be much happier in years to come.
                Maybe pour a footing and lay a block wall. Think hurricane.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                Miller WC-115-A
                Miller Spectrum 300
                Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Anything that someone suggests to you is going to be a shot in the dark, a guess or SWAG as "they" say. Nobody really has any idea of what you're looking for, commercial, residential, doggy park style, etc. except, of course, that it'll be near the ocean. Everything eventually self destructs, so I'm not really sure on how long you think your fence will live. A storm of a certain size will even take out the great wall of China. If oxidation is your nightmare, make it out of reinforced concrete.

Comment

The Tyrrhenian Sea?
                    Bob Wright

Comment

thanks for the right suggestions, it's not that I don't trust the advice of a technician, maybe among you utenci friends, there is some friend who builds metal carpentry so he has practical experience made on site on the battlefield and not theoretical on books or in a technical study, I believe, I would not like to seem presumptuous, that in order to carry out a decent job the practice and the theory must meet and merge together, in my part it is said the "practice does grammar" or the experience constitutes foundation for the theory's experiences .. am I wrong?

Comment

I'm not really sure man, I think there is something lost in translation. But, I'm all for building the wall!

...like the one fusionking recommended too.

Comment

Name:	1448505.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	597602

https://matriceriatoro.com.ar/produc...lar-con-chapa/

the masonry wall is expensive and it takes the masons and concrete workers and the material, time and money that I do not have with $ 400 of money and I realize the profiles and sheets alone with my tools now in the summer as a hobby, thanks anyway for the right suggestions

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"1448505.jpg","data-attachmentid":597602**[/ATTACH]

https://matriceriatoro.com.ar/produc...lar-con-chapa/

the masonry wall is expensive and it takes the masons and concrete workers and the material, time and money that I do not have with $ 400 of money and I realize the profiles and sheets alone with my tools now in the summer as a hobby, thanks anyway for the right suggestions
                            With the types of walls you are putting up to look at, they would cost just as much as a block wall if you did it yourself. $400.00 is a joke!!
                            I see structures made for inland not close to the ocean shoreline. When I imagine a block wall I imagine blocks stacked in such a way that there are large holes for wind and water to blow through. Those large thin sheets of metal will bend those poles until they rip off and fly away. Do you look directly at the ocean where this will be??
                            As for the types of people here.....yes, there are more than a few old grumpy journeyman welders and fabricators.
                            I only came here so I could learn how to type and spell correctly.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
                            Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
                            MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
                            Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
                            Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
                            Miller 30-A Spoolgun
                            Miller WC-115-A
                            Miller Spectrum 300
                            Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
                            Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

Are you posting pictures of other fences in your area? That last one, especially, looks like it's a goner in a good wind.

Find a fence in your area that's been there a while and in a style you like and can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X