help suggestion tips for shelter car parking courtyard cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pietromarruggio View Post
    [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":596456**[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":596457**[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":596458**[/ATTACH]

what do you think that materials and sections use for the load bearing frame that thickness? Above I would like to put a transparent roof covering
    Sorry but I can't give an opinion one way or another. I don't readily convert those dimensions in my head to our measuring system and I'm too lazy too do it myself.
    I'd say that if your would like to receive good discussion here, you probably should provide something all of us can understand without going through the converting process. Then You can quickly spot problems arising from design.
    I'm assuming the main uprights are on 10 ft centers and the purlins/joists are about 16" centers. Wall thickness should play a big part in all pieces in my opinion here also. Depth in the ground will be a HUGE factor involving wind with this design. The direction that the prevailing winds blow should be a part of your design factor also. You don't want to "scoop" wind gusts.
    This could maybe be the perfect place to take advantage of solar panels.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Comment

the frame for solar panels as support?Click image for larger version

Name:	img3.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	596683

Click image for larger version

Name:	T-verniciato_2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	596684
      https://www.autocover.it/cover-perimetrale/

http://eurocrama.com/categoria/pensiline-ombreggianti

Name:	89.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	596685

Name:	309.jpg
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	596686http://eurocrama.com/uploads/data/prodotti_label/files/8.pdf

Name:	293.jpg
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	596687

T Parking Solar Monofrontale

Monofrontal shading shelter

Modular shading shelter 5 meters long, 3 meters high, 5 meters wide and shaded mesh covering for sun and hail protection during the summer of car stalls, consisting of a main structure in hot-galvanized steel.

Structure composed of:

· Columns made of square tube of the dimensions of 200x200;
      · Cantilever element realized in square tube of the dimensions of 120x120;
      · Rods and struts made of square tube of 80x80 dimensions;
      · Purlins made of square tubes of the size of 100x100;
      · Anti-hail shading sheet in high density polyethylene, homopolymer with a weight of about 400 gr / sqm of gray color, De Luxe model 95%;
      · Class 8.8 galvanized bolts and galvanized bolts.

The structure is CE marked, according to the dictates of the EN1090 certification.
      The structure is designed and calculated, with reference to the Eurocodes, to withstand loads imposed by the current legislation on the subject, accompanied by a qualified professional calculation report that confirms the correct sizing of the entire system consisting of cloth, metal structure and foundations in conformity to the current calculation rules.
      The cloth will be installed on the extended structure between May and September inclusive, rolled up during the rest of the year

http://eurocrama.com/prodotto/solar-...g-monofrontale

???

Comment

I checked out those links, don't understand a word of it, but they look good! I guess those are kits you can buy? Seems like I remember that being brought up earlier.

You should do it.

Comment

I can't imagine having to mess with it twice a year just to make sure that my rig isn't covered half the year. Does it not rain there? Canvas sucks. Make it permanent or don't do it all is my vote.
          Unless you have lots of spare time and extra money.

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
          Miller WC-115-A
          Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

it rains it snows a little but it rains in a thunderstorm type universal flood, as a cover what do you think of polycarbonate? Click image for larger version

Name:	frame.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	596698

Comment

it rains it snows a little but it rains in a thunderstorm type universal flood, as a cover what do you think of polycarbonate? [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":596698**[/ATTACH]
              Wow that design is a lot different !!
              I guess polycarbonate could vary a lot depending on thickness and color and how it was to fasten. I have seen some really heavy duty looking products from it.
              On that structure normal sheet metal would work perfect, although you may find poly that could match whatever roof you have?? Is that why you are considering it? Or simply to do something slightly different maybe?

Miller 30-A Spoolgun
              Miller WC-115-A
              Miller Spectrum 300

Comment

the corrugated galvanized iron sheet is aesthetically unpleasant from the idea of the slum. I have to evaluate the materials to be used, I wait for the beautiful season to start the works

Comment

the corrugated galvanized iron sheet is aesthetically unpleasant from the idea of the slum.
                  Lol! I'm not sure why, but I'm left wondering if someone slumming it wouldn't have their life improved with a different roofing material over the shanty?

Comment

The cloth will be installed on the extended structure between May and September inclusive, rolled up during the rest of the year
                    I am with Fusion on this one. Cloth sucks. But i am sure the company sells replacement cloth covers for major $$$$. And i would rather have it all year and not just the summer...Bob
                    Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Entire discussion is pointless in my book since the project is nothing but a fashion statement and the poster refuses to provide a geographic location.

Comment

I see you guys very upset, how would you do it and what materials would you use? you could kindly give me some pictures, thanks again I didn't start the jobs I wait for the summer season, thanks again for the precious suggestions

Comment

I see you guys very upset, how would you do it and what materials would you use?
                          Nope not upset just can't answer what we don't know. We don't know your location, your weather, your zoning or laws about buildings in general. So we all can cobble something up and the first rain or snow it may collapse maybe killing or injuring people or vehicles. So until you help us better we can't help you better. Just my thoughts. There is always bamboo and palm frons, just kidding of course...Bob
                          Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                          http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Working...
                          X