help suggestion tips for shelter car parking courtyard cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help suggestion tips for shelter car parking courtyard cover

hello, I should make the structural frame to hold up a protective cover for two cars, the measures are maximum height of the courtyard wall, 2.50 meters, width 5 meters, length 9 meters, some user friend might suggest how to make it simple and what materials should be used? thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	tettoia 2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	596324Click image for larger version

Name:	tettoia 1.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	596325Click image for larger version

Name:	tettoia.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	596326Click image for larger version

Name:	pergola 1.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	596327

I'd offer some free advice but I'd ask a few questions first. Where are you located? What building standards exist? Is it temporary or a permanent structure? Anchored or free standing? You prefer welding or bolting. How long do you want it to last?

Comment

Gilligan?
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

how would you do it? it must be light, sturdy and economical, I don't have to use cranes to build it, the structure has to withstand the wind, the house is in the country, I have no constraints, let me know, I can weld it, and bolt it, if the storm or the whirlwind comes he must not collapse like a house of cards

Comment

https://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/...g-space.90400/

No snow loads? Tornado's? What speed does the wind blow? You trying to impress or simply function? Judging by the neighbors, you don't need to reinvent a wheel, so why bother?

I'm looking at the country side and don't see a Home Depot or a Metal Supermarket? I'm seeing constraints? But since wood stick construction seems to work, palm leaves offer shade, I'd stick with that for simplicity. Passing on the design work.

Comment

little snow, the problem could actually be the wind, the rain, snow for a few days and little intensity

Comment

Most carports in my area (which is subject to hurricanes) are made from extruded aluminum components that are screwed together. The roof panels are generally sheet steel that are rolled out and lock together. You can purchase carport components in a kit and assemble it on site. Your problem has been solved, so don't over complicated it. Search online for carport kits. You can order them made to your specific size quite easily. All the hardware is self-tapping, so assembly is super easy.

That is, of course, if you can get it shipped to wherever you are. It is my guess that you're not in North America. Good luck my friend.

Comment

thanks for the precious suggestion, I will certainly treasure it, sorry if I disturbed you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	carport-stahl-bausatz-einzigartig-gallery-of-carport-metall-amazonde-carport-bausatz-metall-of-carport-stahl-bausatz.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	596373
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pietromarruggio View Post
                  thanks for the precious suggestion, I will certainly treasure it, sorry if I disturbed you,

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"carport-stahl-bausatz-einzigartig-gallery-of-carport-metall-amazonde-carport-bausatz-metall-of-carport-stahl-bausatz.jpg","data-attachmentid":596373**[/ATTACH]
                  That last one wouldn't last 1 winter in Ohio. That's why we need more info. What works for me might not work for you. We have these all over the place and are for sale on almost every corner...Bob https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...All%20Products
                  Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
                  http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Name:	carport canopy.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	596379
                    thanks for the right suggestions, I could create a cantilever structure like a shelf with diagonal reinforcement or build three portals on which to place the perimeter beams, the purlins and the roof covering over the crossbars. the wind blows even at 100 km / h, I have to think about it, thanks again for the right suggestions, if you had any other suggestions drawings, photos, sizes and materials, I invite you to slip thanks again

Comment

When it comes to design, there's a lot to be said. I won't, but there is.
                      You could say simply, yea, that works for me. No, I don't like that.
                      Your cantilever design looks complicated? It d
                      oesn't work for me?

But if you come up with one that has people saying wow, would you look at that... you got a winner. I like the image of the one covering the SUV. It's clean looking. Simple. Not overly complicated. I gave it a wow. I also circled a couple of areas where problems could develop from weight or wind. As Bob mentioned, it won't work for me either, but I like the design.
                      Your in the concept stage. Figure that out, what you want, then figure out how to build it.
                      Do a drawing showing the views. Envision how you wish to see the space on the drawing. The purpose of the space. Will the neighbors say wow to the picture?
                      I'm no engineer but when it comes to wind, your either designing to resist the force, sustain against damage from the force, redirect the force or neutralize the force the wind presents. Some or all has to be taken into account? Looking at the attached view of what appears as a cantilever design involving some thinking, It's interesting. Reminds me a plane with no wings to fly doesn't, but it can still be blown around on the ground from a good wind?
                      Good luck with your design.

Comment

If you're subject to any sort of severe weather, I would agree that the cantilever design will not suffice, especially if it's fairly lightweight construction.

Comment

thanks for the right suggestions, in fact sometimes the wind blows to more than 100 km / h, which recommended material, box-sectioned beams or metal tubes that section? Click image for larger version

Name:	carport canopy 1.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	596394

Comment

Steel. That sounds like some pretty strong winds there, amigo. Steel and make it skookum too.

Comment

Name:	disegno 3.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	596456Click image for larger version

Name:	disegno 1.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	596457Click image for larger version

Name:	disegno.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	596458

what do you think that materials and sections use for the load bearing frame that thickness? Above I would like to put a transparent roof covering

Comment

Working...
                              X