Custom service body

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom service body

Hey guys, anyone here or anyone know of someone building a service body that incorporated the shape of the truck box?
    I want to make a service body for the cabinets and storage but I'm not a fan of the rectangular shape that I often see. I have seen a few on pinterest and possibly instagram. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Widget View Post
    Hey guys, anyone here or anyone know of someone building a service body that incorporated the shape of the truck box?
    I want to make a service body for the cabinets and storage but I'm not a fan of the rectangular shape that I often see. I have seen a few on pinterest and possibly instagram. Thoughts?
    I think there are some creative people in the world. Get out pencil and paper, draw something. Sounds like what you want is on the tip of your tongue and you need to spit it out like hot soup.

There was a time when I was working for the man every night and day, lol... seemed that way? Well, I drew it out and never built it. Good luck yours.

Comment

My thoughts are nobody makes them because it costs to much money to make them that way. You would have to have a design for each brand of truck plus it would just take more hours to build.
      MM250
      Trailblazer 250g
      22a feeder
      Lincoln ac/dc 225
      Victor O/A
      MM200 black face
      Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
      Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
      Arco roto-phase model M
      Vectrax 7x12 band saw
      Miller spectrum 875
      30a spoolgun w/wc-24
      Syncrowave 250
      RCCS-14

Comment

Look for a guy that builds decks for welding rigs. I know of a few guys in BC and Alberta Canada that would probably take on such a project. Your right about it probably costing a few dollars though
        www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
        Miller extreme 12vs
        Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
        Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

Noel which one of those is your rig lol?
          www.silvercreekwelding.com

Miller Trailblazer 325 efi
          Miller extreme 12vs
          Thermal arc 186 ac/dc
          Lincoln power wave 455m/stt with 10m dual feeder

Comment

I wasn't that creative or with deep pockets to have nice. I did have stand apart and attract attention however. The small cylinders hid under the cab extender, the ranger 9 hides behind the tool box out of view but it's in the box, the home made cable reels hung off the other side. The rear bumper was an air tank, on the truck when I bought it, it was enough to blow the dust out of hole installing concrete anchors and did so often. I was small business and the head aches to go with it.

I did "general contracting", "welding repairs and service". No oil field. To much insurance cost and I liked being home at night. $22k first year, $16k the first three months of the next. A bit distracted by a divorce during that time, it was suggested ( my lawyer) to seek a steady pay check to pay bills. I did.

I applied for and landed an instructors position at NAIT, The first year was probation. With thoughts of going back to contracting, although I did a bit on the side when possible to pay off the bills from divorce, I never did. A offer of a permanent followed and I was hooked on education crack.
            The truck was the first to go, a year or so later I sold the Ranger and cables from the garage. 15 years later and it's a memory now.

I did however learn from the experiences. I did take a business development course, I did develop a business plan that I found was a successful map to follow, and before hitting the road of struggle ahead, I reduced debt, spending, and learned it's about making and leaving behind a good impression.

Comment

You did not say where you were from:..........Scelzi Enterprises in Fresno , Ca. 559-237-5541........Commercial builder of truck service bodies , but also does custom stuff.........Gary , is a good good guy.........ex , Drag Race friend of mine.

Comment

Hey guys thaks for the replies. This is a project that I just wanted to do myself, I'm a welder myself and I can do some fabricating, just haven't tackled anything like this. The picture posted by noel of the white truck is something that I had in mind. I'm assuming that that bed is custom made from a thicker guage steel?

Comment

Hey guys thaks for the replies. This is a project that I just wanted to do myself, I'm a welder myself and I can do some fabricating, just haven't tackled anything like this. The picture posted by noel of the white truck is something that I had in mind. I'm assuming that that bed is custom made from a thicker guage steel?
                  That was a google image. Couldn't say much more about it other then I like it as well. Possibly thicker steel? Could be fiberglass construction? Some serious fabricating for sure. If you have the equipment, or willing to make the effort, anything is possible. If I had known, you could have had this truck box free for the practice? I waste a lot of time practicing? Good luck as you push forward.

Comment

I would like one of those cute pu bodies on a 3/4. Toss a little genset in if a guy got to weld out in the dirt. At one point I couldn't carry enough. Equipment has changed a lot. Click image for larger version

Name:	Welding truck 1.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	596492

Comment

I managed to get the stuff I really need in the back of a pickup. With Sawzall and battery grinder rarely need the torch. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickup box.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	596498Click image for larger version

Name:	pickup wrenches.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	596495Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickup back.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	596496Click image for larger version

Name:	Pickup box 2.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	596497
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is that an OSHA approved adjustable wrench storage device attached to the side of the driver's seat?

Comment

You're mistookenly identifying Cary's seat position retention lever for an adjustable wrench.
                          If it was still an adjustable wrench there would be spray paint on it to make it eligible for removal from the truck.

Also note the high dollar Oxy cylinder mounting system in the truck body.

You might too note the takedown lights on the ladder bar. Ya don't never mess with a man who has takedown lights on his pickup. You could wind up chewin that spray painted claw hammer/chipper.

Comment

Sheeeeew! Dodged a safety citation then....

Comment

Working...
                            X