No announcement yet.

upcoming cast iron light pole repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah man, that's done. I guess I should try and get some pictures of them done.

Comment

I was trying to wait for the light domes to get installed....
      Attached Files

Comment

Those are looking pretty, like pretty darn nice. Well done.

Comment

Ummm, Ryan, they spodaB RED, same color as the late model boxes.
          Bases should be grouted to the foundations as well.

You did remember to install the conduit?

Comment

Here in the city of Beaumont they were painted silver. These are certainly not silver, but the guy who approved the color already admitted that foul up.

There is conduit in there, two in each base.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              Here in the city of Beaumont they were painted silver. These are certainly not silver, but the guy who approved the color already admitted that foul up.

There is conduit in there, two in each base.
              Most probably originally coated with powdered aluminum mixed into gloss varnish by a skilled craftsman.

Later coats may have been "aluminum paint" partially stirred by a lazy civil servant or contracted painter.

Personally, I'd still be pitching a hissey for proper gas ligiting on top. Even if you have to remanufacture the fixture and stick a LED inside.

Comment

The city agreed to buy us the globes, but they had to match the rest of the regular light poles. Fine. Whatever. As long as I ain't paying for it.

But if this had been in the oaks historic district or in old towne, they would've **** sure made us return it to its original condition and function. Funny how those rich folks can dictate what others do.

Comment

Working...
                X