workbench table for welding station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workbench table for welding station

I'm making a rudimentary workbench some suggestions for some implementation advice?

I used: a bar 60 x5 0, for frame side members, a bar 50 x 50 mm x 2 for feet 90 cm long (I have them cut to size with the cut off by the damping), a bar 40 x4 0 mm for the crosspieces support, a 2 x 1 mm 2 mm black sheet, I cut it on one side 1.20 for the support surface and a piece 80 cm x 1 meter for the bottom shelf-

what do you think? what is missing? how you would improve it

Click image for larger version

Name:	file.php?id=7312.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	594713
    Attached Files

Casters with brakes..............nothing better than a workbench that is movable and able to take right to the job inside or out .........I have two......one has a miller 211 under it with the CO2 bottle riding at one end....and also a vice.........next to the 211 on the shelf below is a cold metal cut off saw.................the second one is just on wheels..........both see lots of use.

Comment

I installed a vice in a corner, I think that without wheels is more stable, maybe I find a sheet of thick sheet to be used as an anvil what do you say? You would have some photos to use as inspiration, thanks

Comment

Tables that move are great in a shop, you could use casters with steplocs. Thick plate would be nice for the top. I would add some gussets to keep the legs square to the top.

Comment

Name:	file.php?id=7319.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	594731

you could put some photos or some design with measures maybe I take inspiration to inspire and improve the functionality of the table, thanks

Comment

HERE are some welding table ideas
            Richard

Comment

For me bench space is always premium......and I hardly weld off of it just because of tools and other parts that may be being assembled there.
              Here is one of two mobile work stations in the shop.............2' x 4' 1/4" plate top , vise, Miller 211 Mig underneath , 150 cf C02 bottle rides on one end. Evolution 15" Cold saw is normally under the bench when not in use...........this set-up can be rolled anywhere as long as you have a long enough 220v extension for the welder which I have a 20 footer and several plug in locations.

This station allows for cutting fitting , tube notching , grinding and welding all in the same location close to the job.........I even use it as work station when welding with the 280DX .........works for me.

Comment

thanks for the valuable suggestions, I need a little to move where I need, on which hook the tools that I need, I bolted a vice that I bought, thanks for the right ideas if you had other suggestions I invite you to write, I seen the beautiful miller welding bench also conceived well with the clamps to clamp the pieces to be salldare, with the robust worktop

Name:	Lovely-Miller-Welding-Table-F25-On-Creative-Home-Decor-Inspirations-with-Miller-Welding-Table.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	594753
                Attached Files

Comment

You have all the space underneath, you need to build some storage. If you're anything like most welding or fab guys, you have about 700 clamps and 24 grinders. You need to be able to store those and additional grinding discs, wire wheels, rods, and various other hand tools.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                    You have all the space underneath, you need to build some storage. If you're anything like most welding or fab guys, you have about 700 clamps and 24 grinders. You need to be able to store those and additional grinding discs, wire wheels, rods, and various other hand tools.
                    Ryan that's silly, 550 clamps and 17 grinders is all a welder needs!
                    Richard

Comment

Well some of us have to grind more than others. You bragger.

Comment

Originally posted by pietromarruggio View Post
                        thanks for the valuable suggestions, I need a little to move where I need, on which hook the tools that I need, I bolted a vice that I bought, thanks for the right ideas if you had other suggestions I invite you to write, I seen the beautiful miller welding bench also conceived well with the clamps to clamp the pieces to be salldare, with the robust worktop

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Lovely-Miller-Welding-Table-F25-On-Creative-Home-Decor-Inspirations-with-Miller-Welding-Table.jpg","data-attachmentid":594753**[/ATTACH]
                        I liked the first one of these Miller tables I bought so much that I got a second one. Excellent portability; a bit heavy, but that makes it very stable. The matching clamps are a little pricey (I think $42 each for the last I bought) but they sure are nice.

Comment

I was trying to figure out simple links from the list posted in this thread. That page has a lot. The OP has good fundamentals started here but out of the hundred on that page there are about 3 or so I really like and wouldn't make much change to. I have worked on about a hundred benches, some of those have a LOT of work and expense in them and will work not all that much better than a plate on a couple saw horses.

Comment

Working...
                          X