ornamental steel gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ornamental steel gate

Due to the weather in north central Texas, my guys and I have had some idle time on our hands. We decided to build a gate for the house driveway on our place. Tell me what y’all think. Thanks for looking
    Attached Files

Gonna be a long sliding gate?

Looks like it's ready to go to the powder coater!

Comment

Nice, post back with pics when its installed
      Richard
      West coast of Florida

Comment

Nice work! Thanks for Posting.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. This one and one more will make 2 I have built. Lol. This will be a swinging gate. I just have to figure out my hinges next. Thanks for looking

Comment

They look pretty long. Pretty massive swinging gate with two of them together!

Comment

Its 13’6” long. Worst case I’ll put a wheel on the latch side. I’m a plumbing contractor. The outside perimeter of the gate was built out of 1 1/2” sch 40 that I had left over off of jobs. The inner reinforcement is built out of 1 1/2” sch10. The pickets and angle iron are 14 gauge. Realistically the gate weighs about 225-250lbs. It’s not very heavy to be what it is.

Comment

Ya, I think being that long you'll end up with a wheel on the end of it. Dadgum cool gate though.

Comment

Here it is hung in all its glory. It swings really well. I’m gonna let it roll for now. Im painting the fence and all when it warms up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Looks good Joe!
                      Richard
                      West coast of Florida

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. I pretty proud of how it turned out. My kid brother, also my business partner, told me since that one finished out so well I need to build 2 more sets for our other gates. No good deed goes unpunished. Lol

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Looks good Joe, it would really finish the look off nicely to ditch the chain and fashion some sort of latching mechanism that doubles as a lock. I did a bunch of access gates this last year and came up with a pretty good system, though it only allows one way swing of the gate. The pictures are before I drilled holes for padlocks, but it’s just a 3/8” hole in the angle iron right above the pin handle and the shackle locks around the handle. It’s super slick to use. Something similar might work for your application with a stub of pipe coming off your outside tube if you don’t have to swing both ways.
                            Blue: 325 Trailblazer, 225g plus Bobcat, arc reach 12vs, 8vs, XMT350, Syncrowave 200, Cp200 & 10a feeder, Roughneck 2E
                            Red: Power Mig 256, Power Mig 350mp, Python push-pull
                            Other nonsense: F550 with 5k crane, welder compressor, torches, and every thing else...
                            Koike ik-12 beetle track cart, TD cutmaster 82 (hate it) all torches are propane, Bridgeport mill, lathe, press, small brake, Milwaukee mag drill, Jd squared 32 bender, speeder 9x16 horizontal saw, things I can’t remember...

Comment

Chain is just temporary. Thanks for the idea

Comment

Working...
                              X