Turned a 10 Ton porta power cylinder into portable press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned a 10 Ton porta power cylinder into portable press

In the one picture, you'll see a slot being milled in the tables channel iron flange because that flange was standing proud of the flange on the opposite side, and needed to come down. After the flange was straightened, the slot was filled and ground down.

In the right bottom corner of the screen, you may slow the slideshow down or make it go faster.

I hope it works this time, can someone please let me know my link is working and can be seen, Thanks

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/cy...0Power%20Press disregard the bottom link to Photobucket This website won't post Photobucket links correctly It supposed to be a slideshow link
    Last edited by tackit; 08-07-2018, 04:39 AM.

Link works fine. Nice job on the press.

Comment

Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
      Link works fine. Nice job on the press.
      Thank you twice, my friend.

Comment

Nice work! And great photos!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
          Nice work! And great photos!
          Thank you Aeronca, It was fun to build, after I found the right hydraulic adapter to connect my old porta power cylinder to the new pump everything moved right along.

Comment

Yeah, it's just great to build stuff like that. I'm hoping to have more time for things like that next summer. My wife was severely handicapped, and just passed away in April. The last several years were 100% devoted to the honor and privilege of caring for her, and now I'm trying to sort through all her "tools" (cake decorating, sewing, writing, art....) she was just an amazing, talented, skilled person who spent her last 4-5 years bedridden for all practical purposes. So, once I get through the financial stuff, paperwork, house emptying of her things, and get a new roof on my house, I think I'll have more time for stuff like this. Anyway, she's with our faithful Lord now, and all the suffering is over. I wouldn't have her back for 10 minutes--she is so much better off now.

I'll stop rambling--hope I can help you. Will be looking for the manual.

Comment

Yeah, it's just great to build stuff like that. I'm hoping to have more time for things like that next summer. My wife was severely handicapped, and just passed away in April. The last several years were 100% devoted to the honor and privilege of caring for her, and now I'm trying to sort through all her "tools" (cake decorating, sewing, writing, art....) she was just an amazing, talented, skilled person who spent her last 4-5 years bedridden for all practical purposes. So, once I get through the financial stuff, paperwork, house emptying of her things, and get a new roof on my house, I think I'll have more time for stuff like this. Anyway, she's with our faithful Lord now, and all the suffering is over. I wouldn't have her back for 10 minutes--she is so much better off now.

I'll stop rambling--hope I can help you. Will be looking for the manual.
              So sorry to hear about your wife Aeronca, I can't imagine all the different emotions and feelings you have had to deal with. I can understand how you feel about her being in heaven and wouldn't want to bring her back only for her go through more pain and suffering, it says a lot about the love you still have for her and she knows you do. God bless her soul and you too. I just told my wife a few days ago I have to go first because I don't know how I could live without her, a good wife becomes a mans blood, water an air.

I just know God puts us with our family members in heaven when we depart from this life, she's with family in heaven and I know she always has you on her mind and is asking God to take care of you while you get through your great loss.

My SIL's grandmother of 98 years old is ready to go to the Lord as I write this. Even though I'm a shameful but sorrowful cusser when I get mad, I have been praying for her and I'll pray for you also. God hears all prayers.

I hope you're able to get all your important work taken care of and your roof put on so you can start building projects, I'm know I'm the happiest when I can pick up some steel and the tools and build something. God bless my friend, Jim
              If you ever need to get your mind off things and would like to talk about building something to do it, just PM me Brother, I'll get right back to you, and if you want, share phone numbers let me know. Jim

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated! And true! The single greatest thing in the world is knowing the Lord, and having absolute confidence that all is well with the one you love so much! I Thessalonians 4:13! Janie said for the last year, "I don't know why the Lord doesn't just take me--I'm no good for anything here." Which was crazy, because she was surely good for me, as I told her. But I'm happy she's pain free and out of that wretchedly messed-up body.

I don't see the manual; check the email and resend if you will. Not in the spam folder either. I don't publish my e-mail except through PM due to the hackers that troll forums looking for addresses.
                Wayne

Comment

Thanks, Jim. Much appreciated! And true! The single greatest thing in the world is knowing the Lord, and having absolute confidence that all is well with the one you love so much! I Thessalonians 4:13! Janie said for the last year, "I don't know why the Lord doesn't just take me--I'm no good for anything here." Which was crazy, because she was surely good for me, as I told her. But I'm happy she's pain free and out of that wretchedly messed-up body.

I don't see the manual; check the email and resend if you will. Not in the spam folder either. I don't publish my e-mail except through PM due to the hackers that troll forums looking for addresses.
                  Wayne
                  Wayne, I haven't gotten the machine yet, when I do get it, I'll be happy to send you a link to the operators manual, if there is one on line. I totally understand your wanting to protect your privacy. You never know who may use your information to break laws and you get the blame for it, and then have to deal with all the grief that goes along with such a thing. Jim.

I read Thessalonians 4:13 to 18, mighty powerful language, I do believe in the Lord and trust in his words and love for us, Jim

Comment

OK-Just send the manual when you find it and I'll have a look.
                    Yes, that's a great passage!

Comment

Nice project, well done!

Comment

Thank you YoungWelder. I have a 4 ton potra power I have plans to turn into a vice and a rivet setter if I ever get to it. I'm getting long in the tooth and what I could get done in my younger days takes me forever to do today. Today, the weather has to to be right or every injury I received while working shows up and makes life pure ****. Be safe and take care of yourself.

Comment

Working...
                        X